Twyford Village Fete & car show

dougbgt6

Twyford village fete & car show is this Saturday 19th on Stanlake Meadow.

However, the travellers are back! They won't be got out in time. the last lot, only a month ago, took 10 days to shift. 

So will it go ahead? Not sure I want to take my car down there if they're still there.

Doug

• Sad 1

And this morning, they're all gone! Social meja says the court injunction from the last time was still in force and the police were able to move them on. Alternatively the consequences of staying put while enraged locals got tanked up in the beer tent was a factor. Whatever, there's just as much mess as was left the last time and the council will have to get it cleaned up before Saturday.

db

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Whatever, there's just as much mess as was left the last time and the council will have to get it cleaned up before Saturday.

db

Whoa! You can't say that about travellers, you'll have to apologise in the papers etc. There's no proven link whatsoever between travellers and piles of used nappies, old car batteries, gas cylinders, tyres, shopping trollies, beer tins and human excrement that magically appear wherever they've just left.

• Haha 2

Well, event done and dusted, good turn out of cars, clear winner for me was the damson red TR6 with chestnut carpet. But, the winner, by public vote was, the Corvette! The steering wheel's on the wrong side! What were they thinking?!!

db

On 8/17/2018 at 6:12 PM, JohnD said:

Come tobBrands Hatch, Triumph racing there on Saturday,

And what a good day it was! I hadn't seen racing on the full Grand Prix circuit since the late 80s and I had been really looking forward to this event. There were huge and varied grids of cars that were driven with real gusto and great competitive spirit. None of this 'parade' or 'demonstration' nonsense, just genuine racing with plenty of battling and overtaking. Plenty of highlights including one from our own John Davies who overtook a Porsche 911 round the outside on Druid's hairpin bend, a truly ballsy manoeuvre, and then went on to have an epic nip and tuck with the Porsche for the next 4 laps.

For one of the classic single seater races I sat and watched from the far end of the GP circuit, deep in the woods with nobody else in sight except a marshal; all the evocative names like Hawthorns Bend and Dingle Dell. Between races I sat and ate the best blackberries I have ever found.

And to cap it all, I met Bern in the paddock. I drove home a very happy boy.

Adrian

• Like 1