Nice Vitesse 6 on E-Bay

Gary Flinn

It was up for sale a year ago or so apparently, If my memory serves me right, the 4 Dial Vitesse dash was introduced September 1963 so correct for a 1964 car.

Some of the add-on's are a bit odd, still a very nice example though and looks like it may have sold as the E-bay Ads ended now.

It was selling about forty miles from me so no doubt I'll see it over the Summer, and have a look at the engine bay which for some reason was not in the photos. That wasn't a bad price (£1870) for someone to take it on and get it back to normal.

There are a lot of clues about the car that point to an elderly owner so it's probably been well polished.

9 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

ebay fee avoidance strategy?

Interesting one....

I sold some wheels that I had on ebay. Chap wanted to come and see them. he was happy with them, we did a haggle and he paid me in cash. So I took them off ebay as there is no option for me to declare them sold and pay the fee (max £1 fees days are a great idea!). A few days later I got a warning from ebay about the matter. But I maintain I can't make a punter click the buy button....

But I expect somebody came, saw and agreed a purchase. 

It's cheap advertising, as long as you don't sell, which is when the fees really take off.

I've had some interesting eBay incidents recently; I bought tools, which arrived safely and are great, but then got an automatic refund as they apparrently hadn't arrived.The seller says to wait to see who complains, as someone must be out of pocket. I also bought a book which failed to arrive, I asked for a refund which I got; then the book arrived, but the seller won't answer any further messages about the matter which he says is now closed. So: he won't take it back and won't bill me for payment.

It's an entirely different matter, buying a car that you've never seen, and trusting the seller - who is selling for a reason - to be honest about it.

Last week I bought what turned out to be a very flimsy video camera bracket. I applied to return it and got a message from the seller to take a hammer to it to make it un-useable, send him a photo of it and he would issue a full refund. We live in very strange times.