Workshop manual

Alex73

I've just taken the leap and bought myself a 1970 vitesse convertible.  I'm after a little advice, what is the best workshop manual to buy, by best I mean best diagrams/photos/description for a amateur maintenance from home.  Haynes, or something else on eBay or amazon etc

thanks in advance

Without a doubt, the original factory manual.     Reproductions are available, although in a slightly smaller format and with illustrations that are copies and so less defined.

Haynes are good, and with the advantage of the Haynes Method, of being based on the actual stripdown and reassembly of a real car.

John

3 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

A Parts Catalogue, also available through the Club shop, can prove particularly useful.

But if you're a Tight Wad go to Canley Classics where there are all sorts of useful and free diagrams. :lol:

Doug

I was given, and followed, the parts catalogue advice when I first started, but I've never found it useful in respect of reassembly.   But then I'm a bit obsessive about taking notes, and drawing little, crude sketches of the parts, especially when there are many in one assembly,  like a carburettor.  The drawing helps fix the way it goes together, or comes apart, in your mind, better than just seeing it in a diagram.   IMHO, of course!

John

Thanks everyone for the advice.

loving the ownership journey so far..  kids forcing me to leave the modem Germany metal at home and use the vitesse all the time!

slight issue getting temperature gauge to work, not sure if it wired up right,  but will start a new thread if I don’t win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...