GT6 Mk3 Fuel Lines

Alex Lowe

Hi all

Iv just purchased a 74 GT6 thats been off the road for the last 20 years and im starting the task of sorting the fuel line does anyone know a source that sells the rubber fuel lines in 1/4 and 5/16 which are SAE J30 R9 which is what i believe is recommended now with ethanol added to fuel.

sorry for the lack of knowledge this is my first project while at university so any help would be really appreciated  

Alex

Welcome to the forum. The tssc club shop is highly recommended for this. Ring Angie to negotiate postage which can be a little high for small items. Avoid mail order auction sites as the tube may not be R9 despite what it says on the tin!!

Welcome Alex!

You might also consider replacing the pipe work between the pump and the carbs with one piece of rubber hose, it cuts down the chances of rubber "slivers" making their way into the carbs. And don't forget the little short piece of rubber in the passenger side rear wheel arch, often overlooked.

Doug

Thank you all for the great response it’s really appreciated and gives me a lot to think about. Lucky I had clocked the short piece behind the passenger as iv spent the last three days back there trying to replace all the brake lines which are full of holes.