Has anyone used Owatrol Polytrol?

Paulfc

Hi,

My son used this product on his garage door with what i can best described as remarkable results - looks better than new.

The website mentions use on vehicles and I just wondered if any members have used it on our cars and is so how, on what and with what results.

Thanks

Did the doors go faster, turn somersaults or just look good?

A quick.Google brings up dozens of hits ALL from.people selling the stuff.   Its described as a "colour restorer" and as working on cellulose, GRP gel coat and house paint.   It is even recommended for  bare metal, in which case it must  be bloody miraculous colour restorer.

John

I haven’t used Owatrol but can recommend AutoGlym vinyl and rubber . Used it on the sunroof of my Vitesse , brings it up nicely . Recently tried it on the dash and door trim of our Hyundai I20 , and it was nothing short of miraculous, restored to showroom condition . Then tried on our front door which is a composite, again brilliant especially as the door was faded in the sunlight .

Paul 

CA6CCA7F-5849-499C-978F-6A480BC96182.thumb.jpeg.8b1bb1bf5ae0778188b9670cf34ba791.jpeg

• Like 1

I have used Owatrol on the hood, cover for the hood stowage well, dash and other plastic on my 13/60 and it was very effective. It brought the colour back up nicely and gives a good protection - especially the hood against moisture.

Unfortunately the plastic extension split and the product went solid. Next season I would be very tempted to buy it again or try the Auto Glym product as it doesn't have the same type of container.

20 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I have used Owatrol on the hood, cover for the hood stowage well, dash and other plastic on my 13/60 and it was very effective. It brought the colour back up nicely and gives a good protection - especially the hood against moisture.

Do you think this product would be good for getting more life out of screen/window rubbers?. Mine are a bit shot.

Thanks, Dave

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Do you think this product would be good for getting more life out of screen/window rubbers?. Mine are a bit shot.

Thanks, Dave

It would help no doubt, if you use it elsewhere it is worth trying but to buy it just for the rubbers - not sure the cost/benefit is in your favour. I think I used it on the rubbers as well, as much to make them look pretty as anything else. I can't say if it made them waterproof or not as it never rains during the day here in Normandy 🌂1659064940_220px-Les_ptits_cats_svg.png.dd544a00dd1fd30312f6534f8f8e64c4.png

• Like 1

• KevinR locked this topic