Vitesse 6 interior roof lamp

ahebron

As the rebuild on my Vitesse progresses I reckon I should sort out the roof mounted interior lamp that is above the left side b pillar.

Does anyone have a photo of what it should look like as I have a few different ones and does anyone have any knowledge of what is behind it. I will be using a 13/60 roof which didnt come with the interior lamp so dont know if I am missing some mounting brackets. It was easier to use this than rebuild the original.

Thanks

Hi Pete, I hate it when an answer is that simple😉
I recall seeing something similar in my parts dept a wee while ago.

I looked though my manual and parts book but couldnt see anything.

And looking at the video at 8:55 below I see it just in front of the b pillar so I will need to fabricate a bracket.

Just some feedback on the video which may help.

The Vitesse was born in May 1962. Not 1964.

Engine size 1962 - 1966 1596cc. 1966 - 1971 1998cc.

The swing axle was replaced by the Rotoflex rear suspensions in Oct 1968 and the car re-styled.

A heavy weight in the boot improved the swing axle performance.

Excellent car.

Dave

If you really want incorrect info or distortion of the facts, try one of those 'Honest John' or ' Fixya' sites. Some of the answers range from the downright inaccurate to the positively dangerous. No doubt there's an answer somewhere that will tell us that the Vitesse never had an interior light as they were all convertibles...

honestjohn.jpg.1ae008eb75b2c831d62528271fc4274e.jpg

• Haha 1

I find in true the more you get into a subject in depth the greater you realise that it's the less you know

I still get people at car shows telling me that the Herald has a dangerous rear suspension. Have they ever owned or driven one, NO. 

Though as Colin as pointed out some of this stuff is fundamental. I'll blow a fuse in a minute!

Dave

Never fails to amaze me what come out of the shelves in my garage. Complete with loom.

I also found an old Lamborghini accelerator pedal rubber but it wont fit the Vitesse☺️

Int lamp (Medium).JPG

Looking good! I have the headlining to fit to an estate roof in the very near future and it's so much easier with the roof off and upside down, like that.

Do me a favour if you will - see if there's any code or part number on the cover; I can search later over a coffee or two and see if they were used on any other car of the period.

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

ive got a 600mtr roll of headliner in a off white grained finish  fire retardant 

what to do with it , ????

pete

Hi Pete , i’d like to purchase enough to redo my Vitesse roof 

Paul 

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

ive got a 600mtr roll of headliner in a off white grained finish  fire retardant 

pete

Redo the roof lining of 300 x Vitesse😉

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

Paul, Aidan,  Adrian   , ..... how much ..............is 4mtrs enough ??  

will have to find a  weight and a way to post it    watch this space 

Pete

Hermes do a contactless collection service and good prices 

Paul 

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

pete

Can't you make a stretch Vitesse? Saloon or even better, estate? Bet you Top Gear could have done it.

stretch.jpg.995f0c4e3d896a7dd965bec4e6c92fdb.jpg

well retail looks around £18 mtr  so i reckon 4mtrs for £20  = 2kg post at £8  is the start of a plan 

if thats a plan to keep you ammused  i will ask for adresses

and you can have my bank bacs  

what do you think and that leaves enough to paper the house  ha 

Pete