GT6 mk3 Headlining

Does anyone know which headlining support stick goes where, ie: front, mid, rear. Mine are colour coded green, white and red. Also, I’ve repaired the roof front section and in doing so, I didn’t refit the hook pieces that play a part in the fitting of the lining. Have I dropped a (young bull) in doing so and need to fit them. I still have one complete with it’s knackered end that used to be attached to the car. I’ll remake them in stainless and bond them to the roof. I’ll need positions though so, can anyone send me a marked-up picture or a drawing? Thank you. 

Position of the front listing rail support brackets:

Find the outer captive thread for the sunvisor attachment. The center line of the listing rail bracket is just a tadge over 5 inches inboard of this (maybe 5 and 1/8th but it's hardly that critical).

Hope that helps

C

• 3 months later...
On 08/07/2020 at 20:51, chrishawley said:

Position of the front listing rail support brackets:

Find the outer captive thread for the sunvisor attachment. The center line of the listing rail bracket is just a tadge over 5 inches inboard of this (maybe 5 and 1/8th but it's hardly that critical).

Hope that helps

C

Thanks Chris. I’ve only just moved back to this. Hence my very delayed response. 

I’m going to screw my brackets to the vertical face of the screen header rail. The re-shaped hooks will go forward from the listing rail toward the screen header getting no closer than 1/4” to the roof and there’ll be a couple of Rivnuts installed in the header to fasten each of the brackets to. Can anyone envisage any problems with this solution? 
Also, was going to get a Dynamat Superlite Tri-Pack (457mm x 812mm) from CarBuilderSolutiins to proof the roof. Is this the right stuff? 

Edited by Adrian Saunders
Added content.

5 minutes ago, Adrian Saunders said:

I’m going to screw my brackets to the vertical face of the screen header rail. The re-shaped hooks will go forward from the listing rail toward the screen header getting no closer than 1/4” to the roof and there’ll be a couple of Rivnuts installed in the header to fasten each of the brackets to. Can anyone envisage any problems with this solution? 
Also, was going to get a Dynamat Superlite Tri-Pack (457mm x 812mm) from CarBuilderSolutiins to proof the roof. Is this the right stuff? 

There are cheaper versions. I used Silent Coat on my Vitesse and pleased with the result

Paul 

7 minutes ago, Adrian Saunders said:

Silent Coat, sounds like something from Harry Potter. 
I shall look up Silent Coat, where’d you get it from? 

EBay or Amazon , great to work with , cut with scissors , heat up with heat gun , follow contours with wallpaper roller. Much cheaper than Dynamat 

https://www.google.com/search?q=silent+coat+4mm&rlz=1CDGOYI_enGB820GB820&oq=silentcoat&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j35i39i305j0i10i457j0i10l3.8779j0j4&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Paul