Updated rocker shaft & arms?

haggis

Hi all, just looking around to see about replacing my rocker shaft and arms, and I noticed Rimmers do an uprated shaft and rockers that are bushed and need honing to fit, anyone have any experience of them? Any good? 
I did once see some orange roller rocker arms for modified engines, I think jigsaw used to sell them, anyone know if these are still available anywhere? 
Just weighing up my options. 

thanks hag 

Haggis, I've just changed my rockers ( see Tappet Noise post). I finally used the bushed rockers and shaft from Moss and had the bushes honed to give 1-2 thou clearance from the measured shaft, they vary slightly in diameter hence the bushes need machining to match. In my opinion the correct way to go but not the cheapest. All up mine cost £350 including stripping old assembly and reassembling with new parts, roller rockers will set you back close on £1000 for no perceptible gain.

Iain

Moss Europe do them as well but they're £1000 for the 6-cylinder and £800 for Spitfire / Herald...

https://www.moss-europe.co.uk/roller-rockers.html

You can get lots of them in the USA, it seems much cheaper once all the additional costs are taken into consideration, a firm called Goodparts is very highly recommended.

The place that machined my rockers had three sets of TR4 roller rockers in from a client. The rollers turned up unassembled and some didn't fit on the shaft! Also one set had 3 inlet and 5 outlet rockers?!?! I'm sure the Moss ones are fine but a lorra dosh!

I bought a new rocker shaft from Paddocks - bushed and assembled though no springs so you have to replace with existing or new - or use the fixed spacer type ones - I didn't bother given the use of my car. £140 plus delivery and the dreaded.

https://www.jamespaddock.co.uk/rocker-shaft-assembly-mk111iv1500-with-bushed-rockers144962xk

• 1 month later...