Herald convertible moulded carpet

Pdv

Hi all

I have two 13 60 convertibles, one part restored which is Signal Red the other which is  Damson is complete.

I had a while ago purchased a black interior set to fit to the red car when complete and then fitted it to the Damson one as the interior needed replacing.

I then bought a stiched black carpet and fitted it to the Damson one and it looked good.

But then decided that it would be better the other way round.

So I decided to fit a Light Tan moulded carpet, plus Tan interiorto the Damson one as then

both cars would be original, 

I am now fitting the moulded carpet and I am pleased with the purchase but I am struggling with the narrow rear bulkhead piece.

The black set was from James Paget and the tan set was from Rimmers, the Rimmers one is made by Newton Commercial and not sure who made the one from James Paget.

I thought it would be easy to fit the tan one as the black was a good fit and would be a good pattern.

Well what do I find, the tan one is not as long as the black one, it will go slightly under the floor carpet and that needs cutting at each rear corner but where to cut ? and not make a mess of it by leaving a gap and leaving metal showing.

Any help, advice, tips or best of all photograph/s would be most welcome.

Even if you have not fitted one but have a fitted carpet, again any photographs would be a great help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Steve 

Hi Clive

I thought it probably would be Newtons but not sure.

The fitting instructions give details for both convertible and Saloon, although I think it was related to to the floor piece.

The instructions start with the bulkhead piece and there is no mention of saloon.

Thanks

I don't have easy access to my cars at present, but is there a difference at the base of the B-posts between saloon, and convertible? With the different shapes of the rear tub for hard top and then the convertible hoodwell, I'm wondering if there's a difference, even just an inch or two, in that area, and of course I've just confused the issue by looking at photos of the convertible without having a saloon tub to compare it with. I'll be able to check later.