Nice little ebay treat.

Mathew

I built an antiroll bar for the rear axle of Silverback,  Pages of calculation, carefull fabricated brackets and a bar off another car.

One day, it slid sideways and fouled the tyre, so I took it off.

Result?   B*gg*r all!    I couldn't tell the difference!

SofS's latest engine has a lightweight, 5kg!!, flywheel and a paddle clutch that I gave it.

'The result is amazing take up, but togter with a trick camshaft has made the car almost undrivable in traffic.     I don't think I'll take it to Le Mans again!

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I built an antiroll bar for the rear axle of Silverback,  Pages of calculation, carefull fabricated brackets and a bar off another car.

Result?   B*gg*r all!    

For 30 quid i will give it a go. The rear on mine is standard apart from half inch lifting block, mgf disks and 16 inch 205 tyres on mgtf wheels with freelander studs. Its something to have a play with. What else am i going to do!

On 04/04/2021 at 19:24, JohnD said:

Result?   B*gg*r all!    I couldn't tell the difference 

Been reading up on the rear anti roll bars for spitfires, seems they work better on rotoflex or cv shaft setups, not so good on swing spring. I do love rushing in, sometimes it works. I will try it as i have a good local route that hardly gets any traffic on it. It should provide a good comparison and a write up for here. I probably would get a better improvement from a taller lifting block, something for summer me thinks.

• 4 weeks later...

Special offer on certain fleabay suppliers for a limited time. Includes at least one battery supplier. Maybe worth a look for other spares as well..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Code-Offer/bn_7116143159?customid=33972805x25290814980&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&siteid=3&campid=5338672719&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Click on T&C's for a list of participating merchants and remember to include the discount code PRICEWINS when you checkout. Valid til 7th May 21.