CD150 Carb; Data?

PeteH

Hi

Have the 13/60 Carb (CD150) on the bench. Can anyone confirm the correct Needle/Jet combinations, or point me in the right direction?. Just (mostly) to ensure it is to spec;?. Bit of a fiddle suggests there might be some wear in the spindle too.

TIA.

Pete

I had thought the needle for a Herald 13/60 was 6J but the Stromberg manual lists it as 6E. 

If you're searching for specifications online avoid the site go-pdf.online which you may get a link to in search results; it's a mass of viruses, popunders and popups.

• Like 1

I have yet to strip it down, it`s still sat on the bench in all it`s filthy glory!. Having been dug from a box yesterday. So a good clean up is in order. I thought it would make a weekend project hence the enquiry. I expect it is O/E, (it`s the only one in the box!) so should be OK. Wear on the spindle is a concern, The Vittese had erratic idling which disapeared when the Pair where swapped out for newer SU`s.

Pete

Thanks Guys, I`ll have something to work to, once I get it stripped. The "headache" in the spindle is of some concern. Are the spindles still available?. And any suggestions where best to go for a service "kit" these days?. I suppose the "usual suspects"?.

Pete

odd but burlen dont list the 13/60

the model is less important than the carb spec number   but this is often now the lost brass tag thats out in the grass somewhere

Burlen   http://zenithcarb.co.uk/?SID=6koe8ouvgksq4eo04q4oki9hm2&___store=zenith

Gower and Lee   http://www.gowerlee.dircon.co.uk/

i always use  the Carburettor exchange leighton buzzard being local     https://www.carburetterexchange.co.uk/

( odd i have answered this earlier 8am  on my lap top  but its not showing this seems to be getting a habit 

maybe time it was recycled )  or a update has cooked it ???   desk pc works fine 

Pete

22 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

odd i have answered this earlier 8am  on my lap top  but its not showing this seems to be getting a habit 

It's like most of us retired and don't work before 8.30am......

Gone are the days of getting up at 6am😁

Iain 

1 hour ago, Iain T said:

Gone are the days of getting up at 6am😁

Iain 

Not at all.. I have two coffees and an episode of Game of Thrones down before anyone else in the house gets out of bed... I love the peace and quiet of that time of day. The sunlight streaming into the room and waking me up from about 5.30am these days is another factor...

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Not at all.. I have two coffees and an episode of Game of Thrones down before anyone else in the house gets out of bed...

A bit grim during winter, no sun in NI then! 

That reminds me to start game of Thrones.... 

11 minutes ago, Iain T said:

That reminds me to start game of Thrones.... 

When it first started being shown here we watched the first couple of episodes and decided "naw seen it all before, it'll just drag on and on and on and on and . . ."

Did they ever do a second series?*

*Kidding I know they did

back on the laptop with a cuppa after a days drive to test the new exhaust sound 

and click on the editor and the post still hangs there 

maybe the buttons are stuffed 

Pete

i suppose burlen fuel http://zenithcarb.co.uk/?___store=zenith

but they dont show 13'60 under zenith or su   its done a runner   odd

I use the carb exchange inn leighton buzzard 

If you’d like to send us your carburettor for restoration, please print and fill in this form and place it inside the parcel with your carburettor. Send your parcel to:

Carburetter Exchange
28F High Street
Leighton Buzzard
Bedfordshire
LU7 1EA

For other enquiries you can contact us on:

Tel: +44 (0)1525 371369
Email: sales@carburetterexchange.co.uk

and gower and lee get good reviews  on here   http://www.gowerlee.dircon.co.uk/

certainly spindles are available     some have a replaceable bush to aid wear repair  other wise it has to be accurately jig located and reamed 

on the plus side  it is the spindle  that wears more than the hole  and generally will make a good improvement 

Pete

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I have two coffees and an episode of Game of Thrones down before anyone else in the house gets out of bed... I love the peace and quiet of that time of day

'Peace and quiet'... 'Games of Thrones'. You must have a different copy to me. I would have thought that the two were mutually exclusive?? Now in my case, 8:15am walk around the garden with the wolf, birds singing (coughing), rain hammering down, now that's peace and quiet.

I like pre 8am. After that, the staff start to park up for Surgery and Pharmacy, the teens queue for the High School bus (AKA the cattle truck), then the "mummys" start arriving in the SUV`s to drop the kids at the primary school. By 9 there is no place to park, so the patients park on the corner of the road causing endless obstruction. Recently, they have been vaccinating, that was fun.

Still we chose to live here, so we live with it. But peaceful (weekdays) it aint!. Now during lockdown?.

Anyway guys thanks for the "heads-up" with the carbs;`

Pete