Windscreen Seal

PeterH

I've got a leak in the bottom corner of the windscreen. It got really wet in the rain yesterday. The rubber seal is in good condition but I fitted it dry with no sealer.

What's the best way to seal it, preferably without removing the screen ?

cartidge gun and a cartridge of simple black gutter sealer

may pay to fit a short metal squeezed up tube to the cartridge  easier to feed around under the flips

easy cleans off with white spirit and stays supple for a good few years 

its what was used on production of the day 

cheap effective easy clean from any diy store 

Pete

Someone in another club has recommended Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure. I thought they were joking but it's quite genuine. The name will lead to all sorts of innuendo but has anyone tried it?

31 minutes ago, PeterH said:

Someone in another club has recommended Captain Tolley’s Creeping Crack Cure. I thought they were joking but it's quite genuine. The name will lead to all sorts of innuendo but has anyone tried it?

Yes, I've used it on a couple of cars. It's very good at very small leaks, as the fluid itself is the consistency of water, so trickles into the gap, settles and dries. You may need to apply 2 or 3 times, but it does work.

A marine item for leaking decks and I have used it frequently on a variety of boats and Land Rovers and it does work.  Need to make sure everything is dry before you apply it and investigate where the leak originates from, the ideal application spot, and not just where the water exits from.

Dick