Workshop manual Herald etc 511243 reprint dates?

Jeffds1360

Hi folks, I have a WSM dated about 1964 (I had a Spit 4 in '72) Entitled Herald 1200, 1250 Vitesse and Spitfire.

It does not include the 13/60 of course. I would like to get the 'supplement' or a later WSM

Does anyone know the reprint dates when the 13/60 was first included?

I note there is an obvious change in the front cover of the later ones  where is specifies the 12/50 and then the spitfire marks and eventually the 13/60

I see many adverts on Ebay and the like but am never sure which issue has the latest info reference the 13/60 

Any clues?..............or ,if anyone wants to 'back swap' my old one for a later one... originality and all that :)

Hi

My Haynes copy. (It gives 3 copyright dates: 1971, 1978, and 1986?) ISBN 900550 10 4. Covers the 13/60 . Which (acording to Haynes) was produced from Oct 1967 onward.

Edit. Transposed the 6 and 7!! Doh!

Cheers Pete, I too have a Haynes with copyright in 1971 and 1978  listed with the same ISBN it covers the 13/60 (oct 67 on) but I am after some of the more detailed specs e.g. advance curve figures and other stuff which I believe is only in the Triumph WSM.

Anyone do me a photo copy/picture?

I've managed to get the October 1968 2nd issue with updates, mainly sections group 0 and group 1. I previously only had up to 6.206 but this one has 6.301 to 6.324 

Thanks anyway Pete.

Anyone got the update page for the 3rd issue so I can see what else I am missing?

1 hour ago, Jeffds1360 said:

I've managed to get the October 1968 2nd issue with updates, mainly sections group 0 and group 1. I previously only had up to 6.206 but this one has 6.301 to 6.324 

Thanks anyway Pete.

Anyone got the update page for the 3rd issue so I can see what else I am missing?

Can I ask where you went for that?. Like yourself, I have the 13/60 and it could be good to have more in depth information?.

But the guys on here are always right on the ball if you get a problem. So cheers to them.

Pete

A lucky find on Ebay! Looked through dozens at circa 30 quid and found this for a fiver :) Mind most were issue one, so be aware!!!

Yes, anything after 6.324. Please but also a copy of the last update for a 'missing' update list? 

this is my latest update page.

16250482511216615302681201547701.jpg

Edited by Jeffds1360
Add photo

The Herald 13/60 is included in the later editions of the Triumph Herald 1200, 1250, Vitesse and Spitfire Workshop Manual.  As far as I know the 13/60 was covered by extra material issued by way of amendments.  The original document being in a paper multi page loose leaf ring binder format.  I have never seen a separate factory Workshop Manual for the Herald 13/60.

I will check which edition I have online.

Here is a link to a late edition of the Triumph Herald 1200, 1250, Vitesse and Spitfire Workshop Manual that does include the Herald 13/60.  https://app.box.com/s/9ite5u16tvc4u83b7fnndwyxtjqcqpjg

An earlier edition is linked to from my website page: http://vitessesteve.co.uk/Servicemanuals.   That could do with replacing as it a scan with pages out of order and missing later amendments.

On 24/06/2021 at 13:27, Colin Lindsay said:

https://justgivemethedamnmanual.com/service-repair-manuals/Cars/Triumph/Herald

You have to pay for these but one of them may be of some use.

Another online parts manual here:

https://issuu.com/autojumble/docs/herald_cat_complete/229

Annoyingly some sites hotlink to my content and even have the cheek to charge for it.  My content is free. 

• Thanks 1

Brilliant Steve and Thanks Pete.

If that is the latest it looks like I am up to date then! Page 4 says second edition but talks about inserting the third edition , so I guess that is it

I am just missing the emissions section at the end but that not required.

Thank you all

3 hours ago, steveweblin said:

Annoyingly some sites hotlink to my content and even have the cheek to charge for it.  My content is free. 

Lol yes, I know how you feel. I found one of my photos of my Herald on a Triumph site with a huge watermark across it, allegedly their property and no-one had the right to copy or download it; it was originally uploaded to this forum.

2 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Brilliant Steve and Thanks Pete.

If that is the latest it looks like I am up to date then! Page 4 says second edition but talks about inserting the third edition , so I guess that is it

I am just missing the emissions section at the end but that not required.

Thank you all

Do you mean the Spitfire MK3 emission control supplement? I am sure I have that somewhere.