Vitesse cylinder head?.

daverclasper

Hi. Bought C.H very cheap. Its the 1st generation, with the external push rod tubes, though want to make certain it's compatable with the original engine in my Vit Mk1 2Litre. Its has the no, 306475, cast ,in relief on the front end/ top of head, in the rocker area. Does this give a clue?.

Thanks, Dave

Edited by daverclasper

I thought casting numbers could tell you something - like, for instance, distinguish between a "normal" Mk2 head and the weird US TR6 one - but not how it's been machined - and hence not tell a late GT6 Mk3 head from a 2500S one. But whether the casting number is the same for all Mk1 heads from 1600 to GT6 to saloon, I don't know. As JohnD says, you probably need to measure.

been searching around many places give casting numbers but i cant find 306475  on any charts  

all stepped head  1600 and mk1 2 ltr has inline ports and external tubes so a chamber test is the best way ( if they were infact any different)

valve size wont help as mk1   were same as 1600   as was stud diameter at 3/8"

1600  steel shim head gasket may leave a very different impression to the  2ltr  

Pete

Thanks a lot for all info.

Thanks for looking Pete, I have noticed another no in the casting, same place, at other end. Bit unclear, though looks like V2735.

Are there any oneline sites I could look at, do you know please?. I have Googled, but not found anything specific 

Thanks Dave 

31 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Thanks a lot for all info.

Thanks for looking Pete, I have noticed another no in the casting, same place, at other end. Bit unclear, though looks like V2735.

Are there any oneline sites I could look at, do you know please?. I have Googled, but not found anything specific 

Thanks Dave 

Have a look at the Chris Witor website for info on 6 Cylinder Heads?