Wind Deflector for sale on EBay for Herald / Vitesse

Paul H

If it's what I think it is, it's to stop the wind coming forward in the slip stream of the car. You know, the old fantasy of a girl's hair streaming backwards in the wind in an open top. Well it doesn't, the hair comes forward and the girl gets it wrapped around her head (ask Lady BW). This is supposed to stop that problem...I think

Typical... collection only... :(

They fit across the car from b-post to b-post thereby stopping the wind from whipping in round the door glass and freezing the back of your neck. We have a number of them over here, some very nice home-made versions, but that one looks to have the half-tonneau cover that goes over the back seat too. I saw one of those very recently - sadly no photos - but it's the sort to go for.

DSCF5013.jpg.09fb385b5f23d0e949809106061a8445.jpg

Aha - found a pic of one!!

1309532661_IMG_0531copy.thumb.jpeg.c70dd73e5e16d031dbb514372b5aa117.jpeg

1 minute ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I've been debating making one - after all, all those perspex screens from shops etc. will be going to waste in a while - but this would save a lot of bother plus has the rear covers too.

The one on Ebay does look like a good bit of kit.

48 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Am currently exploring options, BW - for carriers I need to know size and weight. I've messaged the seller and am waiting to see if they'll play.

Although it was my suggestion, I have never been to keen on arranging a collection, due to the inconvenience it causes to the seller. It's bad enough having to wait for the carriers that still don't give a time/day for delivery, but when it's somebody else who has arranged it I personally wouldn't be too chuffed, especially if they didn't turn up.

7 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Colin, watch out BW has suddenly gone from offering helpful advice to pointing out the problems. I bet he's after it! 

I wonder if he'll post to France? . . . .😁

Helpful advice...ME!!! 😂

It's fragile, won't go through the letterbox, it's big and clumsy, it probably won't fit, if the carriers drop it, it will sink during the sea crossing........and I wonder how much he will take???

No, it's not for me Colin..get on with it. Good luck.