GT6 CV Driveshafts

krissto2015

Hello,
I have a question for the club shop.  Before I go ahead and place an order for the GT6 CV driveshafts ( https://shop.tssc.org.uk/product/cv-shafts-rotoflex-pr ), I need to know how much 'plunge' is accommodated by the inner Lobro joint.  Do you keep these driveshafts in stock, or does Mark at Jigsaw make them for you to order?  I asked Mark this question many months ago, but he never got back to me.  It's quite a simple experiment to set up; all we need to do is measure the amount of linear movement when the inner joint is pushed in and out to its extremities.  But that all depends if you can grab a driveshaft off the shelf...
Many Thanks,
Chris

This may be worth a look, and you can ask them about plunge. But from memory, when I did the MGF/rover/volvo conversion, there was about 12mm of plunge, which was just enough. Of course, a different CV/lobro may well have more. I now have subaru inner CVs and teh plunge must be about 30mm. 

23 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

cv shafts are not shown in the club parts catalogue  so they could be supplied via TD Fitchetts  which is included in the club webshop 

Mark at jigsaw has ceased trading   he  has some ebay presence 

Pete

https://shop.tssc.org.uk/product/cv-shafts-rotoflex-pr

???

sorry you missed the point  the fitchetts web is included in the tssc shop  the order is picked out faxed to TDF and despatched from them  it is not shown  now in this years 

club shop brochure hence its from elswhere   there is no way any of us can tell  its all in the  'back room'  the club gets a small handling charge for operating their included  webshop

its a speedy service if you do order (and there are a good few outlets selling these  )  the wrapping will give the clues 

Pete

On 11/02/2022 at 20:48, krissto2015 said:

Hello,
I have a question for the club shop.  Before I go ahead and place an order for the GT6 CV driveshafts ( https://shop.tssc.org.uk/product/cv-shafts-rotoflex-pr ), I need to know how much 'plunge' is accommodated by the inner Lobro joint.  Do you keep these driveshafts in stock, or does Mark at Jigsaw make them for you to order?  I asked Mark this question many months ago, but he never got back to me.  It's quite a simple experiment to set up; all we need to do is measure the amount of linear movement when the inner joint is pushed in and out to its extremities.  But that all depends if you can grab a driveshaft off the shelf...
Many Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris I am at hq tomorrow I will look for you 👍

On 13/02/2022 at 12:00, Pete Lewis said:

sorry you missed the point  the fitchetts web is included in the tssc shop  the order is picked out faxed to TDF and despatched from them  it is not shown  now in this years 

club shop brochure hence its from elswhere   there is no way any of us can tell  its all in the  'back room'  the club gets a small handling charge for operating their included  webshop

its a speedy service if you do order (and there are a good few outlets selling these  )  the wrapping will give the clues 

Pete

Apologies, Pete.  I reacted too quickly and should have read your post correctly.

On 13/02/2022 at 12:49, Steve P said:

If they are the same as Rimmers sell, i have a pair on the shelf in my shed i could measure, they are destined for my 1500 Herald.

Steve

Steve, yes I believe they are one and the same, so please do take some measurements when you get a chance. 

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to all for your responses.  So my final quandary is whether to go for the Rimmer driveshafts or the CDD items - and that leaves me wondering if they are, in fact, the same thing?  My guess is that the Rimmer items are based on Jigsaw designs and the CDD parts are independently developed - but I could be wrong on this?  Currently I have an early pair of Canley CV driveshafts fitted to my car, but I believe that the inner 'pot joints' are snatching a bit and I prefer the design of the lobro inners.

Thanks,

Chris 

i get that from your link and cant log on 

go to main club and log on select shop and no CV shafts exist online 

ive said before the were tested by staff and all samples ended up failing so were not restocked 

there are none shown in the club parts brochure 

Pete