shouldered bolts

brian wesby

Canley list it? (Item 41?) as NLA. So you may have your work cut out. Item 38?, is available via Rimmer £7+ EACH Do you know any one with a Lathe? Item 38 could be turned down relatively easily from a Set screw of the correct length. https://www.canleyclassics.com/?diagram=triumph-herald-13/60-convertible-hood

Pete

s-l1600-113.jpg.eeb129892fe341a705ecdf1aac98d857.jpg

I was looking for some a while back, but stopped for some reason - I hadn't yet found any, so might as well try again, if anyone knows the exact name for that type of bolt. I've found them under 'stripper bolt' but at present only in metric, although that's no great hardship if we're stuck. I'll be in the garage shortly and will check the size required before searching some more. What makes me wary is the size of the shoulder compared to the threaded part, which is quite pronounced, and I'm concerned if I order a bolt sized to suit the shoulder, the threaded part will be too big for the hood application.

If it came down to the wire I'd just use a bolt to fit the threads and get a sleeve made up for the shoulder width.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

s-l1600-113.jpg.eeb129892fe341a705ecdf1aac98d857.jpg

If it came down to the wire I'd just use a bolt to fit the threads and get a sleeve made up for the shoulder width.

Shouldered bolts tend to be specific to a job - not normally available off the shelf

I would agree with Colin.  Get the correct bolt then concentrate on a bush

Roger

29 minutes ago, RogerH said:

Shouldered bolts tend to be specific to a job - not normally available off the shelf

They are, most are socket head but are also available in other options. Buy from a reputable supplier to ensure grade and quality.