Herald 13/60 Distributor Clamp. Where can i get a new one?

Quack

My dizzy clamp is completely knackered - the bolt that fastens it is bent and cant be tightened or loosened. My only options are to saw off the bolt or remove the clamp/bracket entirely, which i think is the better idea.

I cannot seem to find a replacement clamp on the rimmer bros catalogue, however i have found this one:

RACEDC01-600x450.jpg

Do we think this will fit a 13/60? My car is garaged far away so i wanted to check here before i purchased and then went over there to find it wouldnt! My dizzy is a 45D i believe, but its the positioning of the holding screw that concerns me

i would cut the bolt , the only thing sort of special is the square nut to stop it rotating 

any 1/4unf bolt and nut will work 

the nut thread could be a BSF as many of these carry over parts have a old history when it comes to threads 

all clamps are variable due to dia of dizzy and the hold down setcrew position   

canley show  509732  lucas  4 cyl  as   pre order  

Distributor and Coil : Canley Classics

15 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i would cut the bolt , the only thing sort of special is the square nut to stop it rotating 

any 1/4unf bolt and nut will work 

Thanks, do you know roughly how long of a bolt i will need? I seem to remember it being quite a long one.

17 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It's a very common part if you need a replacement, used on many cars of the period. One or two on eBay at present, but as Pete says just cut the bolt. A replacement bolt is about 1.75 inches / 4.5cm.

Thanks, and what mm are we talking? m4?

So little update, just been over to the car. I decide to go with a new clamp in the end, however it’s the wrong one even though the seller told me it would fit hahah.

ive attached a picture of the clamp I need, some kind of side clamp thing.

as you can see sawing the bolt would be challenging also.

8EA0D19E-98E2-40D0-BF36-630AD42AB320.jpeg

91C38854-51AF-49F9-A3A6-973BE6C3DEAF.jpeg

Coming in a bit late here... the clamp in your first photo - with the flat tab - is for the type of pedestal fitted to the 6-cylinder engines. The one you have fitted can be resurrected quite easily. Unbolt it round the back, as Iain has just said, then hold it in a vice and saw through the middle of the bolt. Don't worry if you cut a bit of the clamp, where the two halves are pinched together, because you probably actually want to file those corners a tad so that the clamp will clamp to the distributor before running out of movement.

Now that I've seen the photos it's quite straightforward - undo the square nut, hammer / push the old bolt out, put a screwdriver blade into the gap at the front of the clamp and lever apart. Once the two sides are parallel a new bolt will push through and you can retighten as required.