Herald gear lever knob

Chris A

Hi all, I am looking for a confirmation as to whether the original black spherical gear lever knob had markings for the gear positions or was in fact just plain. I've searched for photos and they are either too blurred, or other to be sure. I suspect they were plain.

The part number is 131246. 

Thanks

Thanks Clive for the confirmation.

YIPPEE!

I ordered one at the weekend knowing it was plain, it arrived today and was fitted within 10 minutes. I haven't got the time to take the car out to test it out so fingers crossed . .You know how temperamental our cars are and changing/adjusting just one small bit can result in the car sulking..😁

Should anyone be looking for one, they can be found under 22B19 in stock at Rimmer. The same item is also used on TR4/5/6.

3 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

so does that make it a Go Faster knob ???

As long as it doesn't cause the car to use more petrol I don't care!

Filled the Herald up Monday before meeting a couple of mates for coffee - I needed something stronger! 1€86/l, for the 98(E5)

7 minutes ago, Chris A said:

As long as it doesn't cause the car to use more petrol I don't care!

Filled the Herald up Monday before meeting a couple of mates for coffee - I needed something stronger! 1€86/l, for the 98(E5)

Getting worried as the 10CR will have a fair few miles in Italy, always about the most expensive petrol. I heard it had hit 2Euro/litre  (that is £7.50 a gallon, or 20-25p a mile depending on right foot attitude. Hmm, better start saving! Fuel could be £750, or more depending on how things change over the next few months)

54 minutes ago, DVD3500 said:

E10 was around 1.96 a liter here in Germany... I didn't pay attention to the other grades as we currently don't need them,...

E10 is slightly cheaper, I prefer the E5 for the Triumph and my modern runs on diesel which was 1€68 last week.

1 hour ago, clive said:

Getting worried as the 10CR will have a fair few miles in Italy, always about the most expensive petrol. I heard it had hit 2Euro/litre  (that is £7.50 a gallon, or 20-25p a mile depending on right foot attitude. Hmm, better start saving! Fuel could be £750, or more depending on how things change over the next few months)

Yes the price of petrol is (cough) volatile . . fingers crossed by then it will be back to normal.

1 hour ago, clive said:

Fuel could be £750, or more depending on how things change over the next few months)

It's crazy, but I can fly in a huge aeroplane for thousands of miles for under £50, but a ferry for 20 miles to the mainland might cost me about that amount, Clive. I may have to rethink this year's plans to Stafford and elsewhere...

15 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

It's crazy, but I can fly in a huge aeroplane for thousands of miles for under £50, but a ferry for 20 miles to the mainland might cost me about that amount, Clive. I may have to rethink this year's plans to Stafford and elsewhere...

A (very) rough figure for a Ro-Ro ferry, back in the 70`s was about 60t/day ( actually cheaper per tonne/mile than a Truck.)

Pete

1 minute ago, Chris A said:

In that case I'm off to Poland t fill up 😱

Wasn`t that was the excuse Napoleon used!, and look what happened to him, and the other bloke? former Austrian Corporal?.

Pete

21 minutes ago, PeteH said:

Wasn`t that was the excuse Napoleon used!, and look what happened to him, and the other bloke? former Austrian Corporal?.

Pete

Yes, but I have an advantage, I learnt to speak Polish from a couple of guys here at work, when I worked.

As everyone knows a few polite words go a long way.

dzień dobry!

Ok, so that is all I know but it was essential at the start of each day...

11 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Yes, but I have an advantage, I learnt to speak Polish from a couple of guys here at work, when I worked.

As everyone knows a few polite words go a long way.

dzień dobry!

That's my limit too. 

We have the other extreme, all of the foreign nationals we get here learn to speak local colloquial English which is really funny -you walk into a shop and you get an East european accent shouting: "Right, Bye" which translates as "alright, my boy?"