Classic car meets near Peterborough

cliff.b

• 3 weeks later...
  • cliff.b changed the title to Classic car meets near Peterborough
1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Thinking of coming along, whats the postcode? And organising?

Hi Mathew. I searched for this car park online and it gave me the following.

Ferry Meadows, Peterborough,

PE3 6LN

Its being arranged by "The Great North Road Classic & Vintage Vehicle meets" which is not a club and basically just stuff organised by a  guy called Mark Fishpool within a radius of Peterborough.

He says it will be a "mystery tour covering scenic rural B roads" but won't be drawn on which direction that will be. Some suggest he doesn't know himself but it appears they usually make a circular route of about 40 or so miles. 

I have been to a few of their static get togethers, which have been good, but didn't manage to join a drive last year, so it will be a new experience for me as well. 

Last Summer they were arranging 2 events pretty much every week so if this drive is ok I will try and do a few more.

• Thanks 1

I believe this Car Park to be Next door to the Caravan Club site. There is a big Car Park next door, from memory of using the Camp site.

Try:- 52.5616209701636, -0.30654911437511334  On Google Maps. or sat Nav?.

Pete

38 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I believe this Car Park to be Next door to the Caravan Club site. There is a big Car Park next door, from memory of using the Camp site.

Try:- 52.5616209701636, -0.30654911437511334  On Google Maps. or sat Nav?.

Pete

That's the car park I thought it was but looking on Google Maps it suggests going through the barriers, as the instructions say, would raise a parking charge. I'm trying to get clarification and will get back.

Right, I have found the meet point. It's another car park at Ferry Meadows called Gunwade Lake Car Park, just off the A47 approaching Castor.

if heading West on the A47, take the slip road to Castor, turn left then left again and continue through the yellow height restriction. 

Google maps recognises Gunwade Lake Car Park or enter coordinates 52.57158, -0.32099

Let me know if you are going Mathew (or anyone else) and I will look out for you. If not, I will check it out and report back for next time 👍

3 hours ago, Mathew said:

Not going to be able to make it, spent this morning chasing about. Shops in the spit then trying to get an mot on yellow spitfire. Thats booked for tomorrow. 

Probably just as well as I didn't realise you are supposed to tell them you are joining the drive. Fortunately I had done so and after a 20 mile drive to meet up near Peterborough, we all headed in a vaguely North West direction for the next hour and a half. At that point, we were near Melton Mowbray & decided we better head for home as my Wife had grandchildren to pick up from school. 

So home now, after 120miles, but the others weren't even at the halfway picnic stop when we left them.

Anyway, it has been a beautiful day for it and enjoyed some truly beautiful countryside & roads that I had never seen before👍

On 04/04/2022 at 21:15, cliff.b said:

Just realised the theme for this next meeting will be  Triumphs, so I believe any that go will be given pride of place, all together.

According to the TSSC Cambridge Facebook page, several members from that area are  planning to attend tomorrow morning.

5 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Its nice to know and great to see the pictures . Working shifts its difficult to get to events. Last night i was working nights, i won't be finished till Wednesday morning, then back sunday night.

This seems to be on every 2 weeks at the moment. Does that mean it's always going to conflict with your shifts or might it work out for you sometimes?

17 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i contemplated this but didnt get up early enough for an hours blast up the A1

such is life  pleased you had a good sunny day out 

Pete

There were still people arriving well after 11, in fact people constantly arriving and leaving. When I counted there were roughly 80 cars but in total I would say over 100 attended s some point. Also, quite a few people in modern cars turning up to have a look.