Not fit for purpose

Wagger

28 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

who remembers the the panic of reaching 40   then 50  the 60   then 70    and the next one is only 4 years away   

should we worry or CELEBRATE   ( Not celebate )  or hibernate  I put  mintex dust in the coffee to avoid any fade 

pete

Hello youngster !  Can we have free Duxford Picnic admission when we reach 80 !

Nick

Yup, looking for pencils that are behind the ear already and glasses on top of my head. Wondering why the kettle won't fit in the fridge. It comes to us all. Elder brother is having a memory test next week. He is 84. They are offering him a new drug to combat brain decline. Trouble is, the rest of his body.

Sang in a choir of twenty last night. Howell's Requiem in eight parts. This late in life I discover that I can sight read. Always had to learn it before. Funds are buying supplies for Ukraine.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RogerH said:

I;m sure part of my weakness is due, as in Wagger's case, a lack of Testosterone. 

I'm on a hormone course to keep it down, the testersterone that is. It also keeps it down !!:blink:

I only went in for an in-growing toe nail.

Roger

I no longer have 'Naughty' thoughts. The advantage is that there are now many more minutes in every hour to get on with working on the car. (Or decorating bedrooms, O dear!)

The hormone jabs gave me hot flushes and other problem. Also started having pointless arguments with other men. Since having the Orchiectomy, hardly any bad days in two years now. Excercise should keep the muscles going.

1 hour ago, Wagger said:

Sang in a choir of twenty last night. Howell's Requiem in eight parts. This late in life I discover that I can sight read. Always had to learn it before. Funds are buying supplies for Ukraine.

Excellent! I'm keeping my ear to the ground for any local fund-raising concerts, but nothing has appeared so far. That's the problem locally, you only hear about it in the paper after the event when they're usually complaining about how few turned up. Sadly over here I'm severely outnumbered by the 'Country' brigade where you get old coots singing about driving their eighteen wheeler along the Interstate when in reality they've never left the six counties.

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Excellent! I'm keeping my ear to the ground for any local fund-raising concerts, but nothing has appeared so far. That's the problem locally, you only hear about it in the paper after the event when they're usually complaining about how few turned up. Sadly over here I'm severely outnumbered by the 'Country' brigade where you get old coots singing about driving their eighteen wheeler along the Interstate when in reality they've never left the six counties.

An old school pal of mine runs an Irish folk group in Shoreham by Sea. None of them are Irish. Irish is the best folk though. Not much traditional stuff in Sussex now. No accents left except in odd little Hamlets.

15 minutes ago, Wagger said:

Irish is the best folk though. Not much traditional stuff in Sussex now. No accents left except in odd little Hamlets.

I've played Irish and Scots all my life, plus English, Breton and East European, everything from Bulgarian and Romanian right down to Greece. The 'odd little hamlets' are the place to go for anything unusual, from music to classic cars - the things you never see or hear anywhere else, well off the beaten track.

This was one of our concert posters, Northern Ireland musicians playing with Greek musicians in Northern Kynouria on the Peloponnese.

1836136572_concertposter.jpg.485946367d3d95266b9b801e5ef89557.jpg

6 hours ago, Wagger said:

I no longer have 'Naughty' thoughts. The advantage is that there are now many more minutes in every hour to get on with working on the car. (Or decorating bedrooms, O dear!)

The hormone jabs gave me hot flushes and other problem. Also started having pointless arguments with other men. Since having the Orchiectomy, hardly any bad days in two years now. Excercise should keep the muscles going.

Being in ignorance of what it was I googled Orchiectomy. And now wish I hadnt, I`m sat typing with my legs crossed, and almost in tears. Says a lot for my Testosterone levels. or maybe just the way I was "dragged up".😭.

Edit: It also makes me apreciate that while I can bitch about the "way of the world". I am in fact (so far, touch wood) By all counts fortunate only to have to worry about a High B-P and Hiatus Hernia, both controlable. 5 pills a day including B12, and ocasional visits to the Chiropractor, when I do something stupid! and the back "goes".

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

that brings back memories of tears 

up a gear with the sturmey archer too quick and not fully engaging under power and the cross bar wins 

often followed up with a ;urch across the road 

Pete

The worst bit?. Was having to say to the wife, Errrr? "Not to-night dearest" or words to that effect, knowing full well that (offer) was not going to happen again for some time!.😭

Pete