Even Triumph Spare Parts have gone up!

Gary Flinn

6 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That's the rarer one with the gears marked on it; the smooth versions are usually a bit cheaper. Anyone with an early GT6 will highlight those markings in white for an original look. However: it hasn't sold yet.

Colin

Yes I noticed it was to suit the Vitesse/GT6 Gearbox, I sold one at Stafford in the noughties for £2, if I remember correctly the bloke tried to haggle me down to a pound too!

Those were the days of cheap Triumph parts🙂

Regards

2 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

Colin

Yes I noticed it was to suit the Vitesse/GT6 Gearbox, I sold one at Stafford in the noughties for £2, if I remember correctly the bloke tried to haggle me down to a pound too!

Those were the days of cheap Triumph parts🙂

Regards

My last Stoneleigh stunned me with the price of spares, little bits I'd have seen sold in years gone by for pennies now sold for the same in pounds. Not many of the 'Anything in this bin 10p' types of stall these days.

12 hours ago, Chris A said:

Half a pint of beer !

I remember going to Littlehampton (Jumping metropolis of the South) with the lads in the 60s.  We found a pub selling mild for 11p a pint! I Preferred Best at 1 and tuppence.

Doug

14 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Colin,

It's called inflation, it's how we're going to pay for lockdown. I found a £ in the washing machine, it's the new 5p.

Doug

Inflation is what you do with your tyres.

I still won't pay a pound where 50p will buy the same thing... (went out for a meal last night, the final bill cost as much as a Herald carpet set. That puts things into perspective!)

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

went out for a meal last night, the final bill cost as much as a Herald carpet set.

You should have gone to a cheaper restaurant, then the carpets would have been cheaper . . Must go, I have to give the fence a 2nd coat of whatever the stuff is called now . . .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Used engine oil. Great stuff, that's why you never see a wooden fence that rusts.

I never seem to be able to collect any, the Triumph total loss oiling system see to that. As for the modern, does it use oil? Never put any in . . .

For wood you need old fashioned 20w/50 motor oil. Modern synthetic oil is useless, doesn't have the viscosity and has far to many additives for sheds or fences. Stick with what you know.

Leaving now with tongue firmly in cheek before the usual suspects have a go 😂

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

For wood you need old fashioned 20w/50 motor oil. Modern synthetic oil is useless, doesn't have the viscosity and has far to many additives for sheds or fences. Stick with what you know.

Leaving now with tongue firmly in cheek before the usual suspects have a go 😂

Am close behind you. We all know we don't really use engine oil for that, it's not environmentally friendly. I just pour mine down the drain, much greener.