Gt6 mk3 screenwash pump wiring question

gt6j

Hello, I have recently acquired a 73' gt6 and have started fiddling with it.

The screenwash motor has a retrofitted button type switch that is wired straight to the battery positive terminal from prev owner. Is this safe/OK to leave wired as is, or does it need rerouting/wiring via something else/fuses somewhere. Ive got the dash off to refinish the wood and planning on wiring in a USB charger, same question for that, can it go straight from battery or need to come from somewhere else/fuses?  Appreciate any help. 

I think the washers feed should come from one of the fused white wires that are activated by turning the ignition on. My Haynes is in the car, I'll check tomorrow. 

I installed a second fuse box for ancillaries fed directly from the battery and then connect the USB etc. 

Iain 

Thanks Iain yes makes sense to be fused I thought. What replacement fusebox did you use and any tips/process followed at all? Be doing a new radio soon to replace the motorola so would be handy to have i think. Cheers

11 hours ago, Iain T said:

one of the fused white wires that are activated by turning the ignition on

The white ones are not fused, they're just ignition switched. The fused ignition switched feed is green. That said, you probably want to take a feed off the white but then add your own fuse, so that making a mistake with the USB port doesn't take your brake lights out. And I'd recommend the white (or, alternatively, take a separate feed off the ignition switch's "radio" terminal) for a USB power socket so that you don't flatten your battery by accidentally leaving a sat nav plugged in when parked in your garage. The radio terminal is good because it lets you choose to charge your phone while parked with ignition off, using the accessory position of the key.

• Thanks 1

I know its GT6 related but here's my Mk2 Vitesse I replaced the original 2/35A fuse box with two 6 bladed fuse box's, same units as Iain's,1847015189_VitesseMk2UpgradedFusesRelayJan2022.JPG.fc3850ff8ed79a4227625441f2f1f42a.JPG one each for Battery and Ignition circuits, only very minor extension (around 3in) of the existing Battery fused wires was necessary, something I'd wanted to do in 50 years & did this year! Battery relocated into the boot so I could fit the brake servo.