LeMans Classic 2023

Mr911er

Or are they organising a trip at all, now the wonderful Angie has retired? Usually we get some notification...

The tickets are on sale now on the ACO site - onsite camping is available at Beausejour and Epinettres; its sold out at Maison Blanche already.. Neither are a patch on TR..(no pun intended lol)

59 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

My last conversation with Angie was that the club as waiting for the organisers to publish prices so that booking details could be promulgated.  Over many years experience I booked the ferry (Portsmouth-Caen) as soon as the timetable was promulgated a couple of months ago.

Dick

LOL that can be a good thing, or not, depending.... I booked hotels for Stafford thinking there was going to be high demand, and the week we were due to depart I could have booked them at the last minute for £60 less. The ferry was also £25 cheaper, but limited space. These days with fuel prices going up or down all the time it's just a gamble.

Of the seven circuits that have held French Grands Prix, five are still running.   The other two were proper road-racing circuits the like of which we never had in the UK.    Until recently, UK law forbade racing on public roads, but got Brooklands, Goodwood and all the airfield circuits as well.

Those two old road circuits are Rouen-Les Essarts and Reims-Gueux, both convenient for a visit to or from Le Mans.   Rouen is a shadow of its former glory, but Gueux is magnificently preserved, by Les Amis du Circuit de Gueux.   The old pits, proper opera 'boxes', hence the pit command to box for a pitstop, the grandstands, the circuit admin buildings and even the pylon that used to keep the spectators informed.

The old circuit is mostly still intact, so you can drive it, and feel all the ghosts, from Fangio to Hawthorne who drove there.

Really worth a visit, but take care!   After so many idiots drove stupidly on the old circuit that M.le Maire de Gueux has told the Police to clamp down. Even parking outside the pits can get you a ticket.  Hope that Les Amis will be there, and will let you into the old paddock to park you car and enjoy an extraordinary relic of the Golden Age of Motorsport!

John

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/12/2022 at 12:23, KevDavies said:

Is it going to be the same campsite as previous years, overlooking Tertre Rouge?

I do hope so.

I know that all the First Tickets private site allocation and public allocation is filling fast as it's 100th anniversary etc.

Hi Kev yes the TSSC are returning to Tertre rouge, we are nearly good to go just waiting for a couple of final prices and we will release tickets for the site.

the Aco have been very slow this year with prices.

• 1 month later...