Silliest bodywork question(s) - ever!

Colin

20 minutes ago, Colin said:

Hi Gary,

Yes! Those tiny rear chrome strips. The card's allright for the mo' (even 50 years in . . . ) !

D'you think Newton can/would supply the strips only (any knowledge)?? 

Best, C.

Colin

I had a complete re-retrim kit off them for my Vitesse and from memory the strips aren't actually chrome, they are a Chrome effect moulding that is pressed or crimped into place on the edge of the Footwell trim panel.

I suspect it will be on a roll and they may be able to sell you a couple of metres of it, for a small fee if you give them a call?

Regards

Gary     

1 hour ago, Gary Flinn said:

Colin

I had a complete re-retrim kit off them for my Vitesse and from memory the strips aren't actually chrome, they are a Chrome effect moulding that is pressed or crimped into place on the edge of the Footwell trim panel.

I suspect it will be on a roll and they may be able to sell you a couple of metres of it, for a small fee if you give them a call?

Regards

Gary     

I'd agree, first step would be to contact Newtown and see if they'll supply some of the edging. 

16 minutes ago, Colin said:

Thanks Gary - yep, I know they weren't real chrome (steel based) items. I think mine were chromed aluminium.

I will make an enquiry . . . (nice finishing touch) 🙂 Cheers!

C.

Mine are tatty but chrome on brass. Very fragile now. You can Anodise Aluminium but plating it back then was impossible. It oxides over instantly.