GT6 tyres

Keith Scotch

Totally agree. Our cars generally go out in warm dry weather so if thats the case here then pretty much any old tyre will do and then take it easy if caught out in wet or cold conditions. Then replacing when age hardened but not worn out doesnt hurt nearly so much😊

Many years ago as a student I bought a pair of cheap brand tyres for an Imp with a modified engine.  Fitted them on the rear and the oversteer was dangerous.  Changing them to the front resulted in excessive understeer but not so dangerous.  The tyres only lasted a few thousand miles as the constant scrubbing soon worn them out.  Bought some Uniroyals and safe driving was restored.  Since then, I have never considered fitting cheap brand tyres.  My Spitfire is currently fitted with Falken tyres which seem quite good but need more miles to confirm.

yes I think tyre technology has moved on a bit and now even cheaper brands (made by the same big manufacturers?) are pretty good. Ive just had cheapies put on and the fitter didnt even bother balancing them as he said the speeds my Vitesse will be going it wasnt necessary and he was right. Havent tried them in the wet and I dont expect them to be great but then we're not talking a high performance vehicle with latest generation suspension that can make the most of great tyres or either a  driver who can do the same😁