Electric Vitesse?

ahebron

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

How did we get onto Morris Dancing?

I blame DVD3500.  BTW if you want to see them Google Hessle Morris. and look for the "Raving Maes". I`ve seen them live at my Local Pub (Beer Festival) and its "interesting" viewing.😁

Pete

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PeteH said:

I blame DVD3500.  BTW if you want to see them Google Hessle Morris. and look for the "Raving Maes". I`ve seen them live at my Local Pub (Beer Festival) and its "interesting" viewing.😁

Pete

I just love the music, but then I'm an old folkie who will play any kind of acoustic music that has a foot-tapping rhythm. As for the dancing... well I'm afraid by the time the signal gets from my brain to my extremities, the music has moved on. 

• Haha 3

On 24/11/2023 at 09:22, Colin Lindsay said:

I just love the music, but then I'm an old folkie who will play any kind of acoustic music that has a foot-tapping rhythm. As for the dancing... well I'm afraid by the time the signal gets from my brain to my extremities, the music has moved on. 

By the time the messages from my extremities reach my brain, it is too late.

Edited by Wagger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

Gosh, Colin!  "Rum, bum and concertina"?

Or, do you plan to go  morris dancing?

John

Hmmm?. Have you checked out the Golden Rivet?. I do know a few "Shanties" that would NEVER get an airing in to-days, P-C/Snowflake climate.

Back in the 50`s, on the BBC schools programme. A song, a shantie, called "Johnie come down to hilo" was broadcast to 13 to 15 years olds, the words to which include several stanzas that by todays "standards" would be classed as Racist.

Pete

Edited by PeteH