Late Spitfire/GT6 Rear Brake & Tail Dual lamp Holder

SpitFire6

Hi,
Trying to find a supplier that sells the three terminal lamp holders? (Left picture)
I have seen many suppliers sell brake/tail lamp holders but I can not tell from their pictures if they are three terminals or not.

Thought I would ask before contacting the suppliers.
Cheers,
Iain.

thumbnail_IMG_5486.jpg

You need to buy 2000 ones, if you want the earth.

Spitfire / GT6 have 2 and earth through the lamp unit.

I STR reading the new ones are not as good quality, may be wrong. 

I would try and get a set of secondhand 2000 ones, perhaps try Lloyd Read for a set?

Not all the 2000/2500 had the separate earth spade terminal on the individual bayonet fittings nor did the Dolly Sprints I got some from a friend who had the early 70's big saloons. Replacing all the Sprints rear lamps to the earthed spades & a DIY earth loom between all the 6 bayonet fittings sorted my Sprints dubious operating rear lights. 

the mix and not match these lamp holders has caused loads of grief when earthed .claw earthed, single and twin filaments holders

all get mixed up over the years I have spent many a happy minute or two sorting out these when you get all the right terminals but not in the right order (who said that ) 

pete

Get 2000/2500 mk2 saloon rear lights holders.

On the mk2 saloon the rear lights are plastic, thats why they have an extra earth terminal.

I've done this mod years ago on my Spit 1500, never had a problem again.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice, I tried googling for MK2 saloon rear lights & ANG sells them. When I emailed and asked the question they said they are twin terminal only.
I noticed the plastic part looks the same on all holders so I took a contact of a spare single filament holder & bent it so it would fit a dual type.
Works OK.

Cheers,
Iain.

thumbnail_IMG_5490.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_5491.jpg

• 3 weeks later...