KYK711D Vitesse 6 - Wanted

Hi All!  I am after a Black Fitted Boot Carpet?  A good Chrome Boot Handle & Key?  2 x Rear Overiders and 2 x Front Overiders?  Dont mined NEW or Very Good Seconds as the some of the Prices on Ebay are Way Overpriced!  Your help is appreciated  ....Martyn

Edited by martyn wright

Chances of finding good rear overriders for less than a new one are very low. I got lucky a few months back and got a NOS one on eBay but I paid not far off brand new. The new new one I have from Fitchetts via the club shop appears to be holding up well (unlike the Bastuck Spitfire rear bumper…)

I have a box of boot handles, so can probably find you a reasonable one, but if you’re looking for perfect chrome you’ll need to have it chromed or buy new (chrome on my 15 year old ‘new’ handle has also survived well). I’ve also got some front overriders I was intending to take to the next Autojumble, but they’re not in the Very Good category!

If the lack of working key is the only problem with your existing handle I (and others!) can talk you through dealing with that.

I got pattern rear overriders quite a few years ago (when they were a lot cheaper) and theyre ok but not a patch on the chrome of my original fronts. Obviously theres different standards of chroming so I dont know how they will stand up even if you get them done yourself...

Posted (edited)

Hi Gents!  I sent off for a Estimate on 2 x Rear and 2 x Front Overiders to a company and it came back at £350.00, so it might be more benificial to bu ones already Chromed up on Ebay?  Ref the Boot Carpet!  New are between £75 - £100 incl postage!  Moss have a Boot Handle with key and postage £42.00 but they are not sure if its the right one as they dont deal with Vitesse? So they wont Commit!!  its on Ebay and states Spitfire,TR4A, TR4, TR5 and TR250 Pt No 607978 looks the same as Herald/Vitesse? (Mine is resonable but no key)

Edited by martyn wright

18 hours ago, martyn wright said:

A good Chrome Boot Handle & Key?  2 x Rear Overiders and 2 x Front Overiders?  Dont mined NEW or Very Good Seconds

I would try Spitbitz as they have decent amount of stock and may be able to help.  Dropped some Herald bits off yesterday to them that came into my possession via a chums garage clean up.

http://www.spitbitz.co.uk/html/used_parts.html

T D Fitchett sell rear overriders on eBay, I presume pressed on the original tooling, £75 each £9 postage "never been fitted, OE part". There's also a company called 'Chromeworld' selling what I presume are rechromed versions, but the wording of the ad "Real nice" puts me off.

I think my boot carpet was Newtown Commercial so yes £75 +. Another option for the boot mat is to buy one of the large luggage-area rubber mats, about £15, and trim to size, but obviously not carpet.

That eBay handle looks correct, Herald versions are very plain with no embossing or other embellishment, such as the Morris Minor has, but that one is the same shape as three of mine.  

My mk2 Vitesse along with nurmerous Heralds and Vitesses  I've owned have never had boot carpets, but either fitted with a rubber ribbed liner or textured pvc and backing, with popers that attach to the boot floor. More practicle, carpet will inevitably get wet/damp.

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

There's also a company called 'Chromeworld' selling what I presume are rechromed versions, but the wording of the ad "Real nice" puts me off.

I’ve bought parts from them. Chrome is generally good, the condition/shape of the part they started with, not always so…

@martyn wright for your boot handle, take it off the car and look at the square shank that projects in to the actual latch mechanism. There most likely will be a number stamped on it. If it has a two letter prefix then that’s your full key number and you can get one cut to pattern. If it’s just three numbers then it will be an FS or FP series key. The number ranges of those key types don’t overlap so you can look which one has the appropriate number in it and get a key cut. It’ll cost £2-5 ish. Provided the lock has not been re-keyed, which I’d say is less likely given it came without one!

For what it’s worth the lock handle is the same as the roundtail Spit, Sunbeam Alpine, TRs etc, so the one from Moss will be right if you want to go that route. 

It’s also easy enough to strip the barrel out and fully replace that (£18 ish from Canley’s). Pretty sure the replacement barrels are only for FP/FS type locks though, and you can’t swap barrels with a non FP/FS handle. Or alternatively re-key your existing barrel to match one you already have.

Update!  The Boot Handle (No Key)  But went online and found a Company that has New Old Stock with SS 2 Numbers(I Hope) Waiting call back?  Might Just wait it out for the Overiders and thought my brother had a carpet I could take a Template from but he now hasn't, So will scoure the local "Parts Shops" for off the Roll or just Buy one ready Cut New?

• 3 weeks later...