Decent replacement courtesy light switches for the Herald -- are there any other options out there?

Hi, 

Whilst I've been faffing around with the clutch I've obviously been going in and out of the car on both sides on a regular basis.

The image below shows the end result, regarding my new replacement courtesy light switches. They were a bad fit to start with and kept 'popping' out, with the inevitable end result that they both got crushed. They were rubbish as 'earthed switches' too, as they made poor contact on the occasions they did consent to stay in place, which ensured that the courtesy light only worked intermittently at best.

To be fair to the 'well known' supplier, I haven't seen any better advertised for sale elsewhere and the originals didn't seem to be much better in quality.

So can anybody on here recommend a source of decent ones.

Other classics I have seen have a threaded screw in version, maybe that would be the answer? 

I think these push in versions (with highly breakable clips) are the cheap option, to say the least......

Best wishes,

Mike.

Triumph Herald courtesy light switches.JPG

Yes I fitted something like Petes except they had long operators which you cut down to the size you want. The other type have to be fed in from the inside and then its difficult to hold the inner nut...

Original Linread versions still appear but are very very sought after and so expensive. I cheated by disconnecting the driver's side wiring completely on my Heralds and blanking the hole with a rubber grommet.

Beware of some replacements that are available; they need to be very slightly domed, almost flat, as in Mike's first photo, otherwise the door will never adjust forward or else will squash them as it closes. The version to the right in my photo won't fit the Herald / Vitesse for that reason. Morris Minor may fit, they look similar and are far more readily available, and some modern cars such as the Renault Clio / Kangoo are plastic versions of our originals but require an earth cable for that very reason. 

courtesyswitches.JPG.47eb6c2af8b8a6ca657f19850658e6f4.JPG