Nitrile Gloves

GFL

I'm no doubt going to be tinkering a bit more now I have a new classic in the Garage.

I'm not getting any younger and have used Nitrile gloves in the past to protect my hands, however I've always found them flimsy and found them to split and tear in no time at all.

Do any of you guys wear gloves whilst working on your classic and if so what type and make.

Gary

Im a big consumer of nitril gloves and I have tried all types available in our local stores. They do split easily, especially when doing messy oily engine work. My conclusion is that price matters here. The cheapo ones split much more often and I think best economy is achived by buying the more expensive ones. I use black ones, you probably have something equivalent in the UK. But even with the thicker black ones I have to replace them about once an hour when working with my Vitesse.

The gloves I use

Ive just binned loads of blue ones following no more catheter  needs  every day bag gace you another pack  

some of the food prep are are pretty tough 

the advantage of getting older is you dont get dirty anymore  ha !

Pete

• Haha 1

I've found that blue ones are rubbish, they split as I fit them on! Like John I prefer the orange variety, mine are Ignite brand in boxes of 90, about a tenner for XL and are sometimes fit to be reused when I'm feeling Scroogish.

• Like 2