Best manual to learn about classic car electrics

Paul H

Paul.

I have seen this manual and it's decent enough, from which you can then ask additional info via the Forum if needs be.

If you are going for this item, perhaps this used Ebay item may be better priced ?? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Haynes-Automotive-Electrical-Electronic-Systems-1995-Manual-3049-/182531584701?hash=item2a7fbaf2bd:g:ywIAAOSwhQhYxBnn

Regards.

Richard.

I find you can never have enough Tec manuals as they all seem to come at it from different angles. Haynes, Autobooks and the Factory manual, appear useful to me.

Yes the Haynes Electrical Manual is worth getting. It maybe currently out of print, but if you see one then take it ohm. Sorry for the revolting jokes!

Dave

Thanks for input finally purchased Classic British Car Electrical Systems  , couldnt find a SH copy. I will advise if the content lives up to the writeups 

Also purchased from ebay Haynes Workshop Manual Automobile Electrical Manual, 1st edition, 1983 £8.95 delivered . 

Pete's suggestion for Triumph Herald 1959-69 Autobook is also a  good idea though the ebay auction had finished so looking for a SH copy

Thanks for all your input - appreciated 

Paul 

Hi

I have quite a few general car repair books mainly from the 70's and they are mainly good with some "thinking out of the box" suggestions for difficulties encountered.

I wish there was a general "Tips and Tricks" book to supplement general mechanic stuff.

Anyone heard of anything like this?, please

Cheers, Dave

Thanks for input finally purchased Classic British Car Electrical Systems  , couldnt find a SH copy. I will advise if the content lives up to the writeups 

I was just about to post a link to that one!!

I have some great books from the 1960s and 1970s mostly bought off the shelf at Oxfam or the like. I'll post the titles once I find them in all this moving house shenanigans!

• Like 1

Although I have seriously fallen out with the AA over their aggressive marketing tactics these two volumes have a very full and well-illustrated explanation of how most of your cars electrical items work. Available through many charity shops or on eBay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-AA-car-care-book-/322492604243?hash=item4b160e9f53:g:FxYAAOSwWiBY~R7z

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AA-Book-of-the-Car-None-Stated-Book-The-Cheap-Fast-Free-Post-/301505246383?hash=item46331cf4af:g:psoAAOSw5UZY-2-7

• 2 weeks later...

Also worth considering is the Hilliers fundamentals of automotive electronics. Not sure if it's still printed, maybe it is. I have an old version I bought from the library when they were renewing their stock and selling of the old stuff. Best 35p I spent!