Handbrake improvers - herald , vitesse, spitfire

Paul H

I read about this in an article in Club Torque mag (July 13) viewed online with a photo. "drill a new hole 7/16" closer to the fulcrum pin on the compensator link".

Apparently gives much better handbrake performance at the expense of a bit more travel.

Dave 

• Like 1

I read about this in an article in Club Torque mag (July 13) viewed online with a photo. "drill a new hole 7/16" closer to the fulcrum pin on the compensator link".

Apparently gives much better handbrake performance at the expense of a bit more travel.

Dave

I don't understand or have misunderstood the above. Surely drilling closer to the fulcrum pin is opposite to other views expressed where metal is added to move the handbrake link further away from the fulcrum point and In turn increase leverage and improve handbrake performance

Regards

Paul

and thats with silly tablet spelling and thumble finger key pad crap.

I did a spiel on using stag bell cranked expanders  on the 2000 these are 15mm longer didnt really add to travel but by heck better low effort hand brake lever . 

to extend the lever length on the weeny lever  & pins on H,V,S,GT that sit on the backplate i wonder if adding more effort through them would over load them  , as back plate and wheel cylinders seem to suffer  here