Spark Plug Cleaner

Paul H

Thanks Pete 

Paul 

23 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

they were used a lot way back, has a carbide dust /sand inside that gets thrown at the electrode, yes they work

{dont stick you finger in it } 

its your own little sand blaster 

pete

Thanks Pete , 6 sold in the last 24 hrs but thought Id check first before splashing the cash 

Paul 

• 3 weeks later...

just because a plug looks nice and clean doesnt mean it fires from the tip when under compression pressures

it can fly out the ceramic all over the place

S Plugs . they are the life and sole of the engine , over the years i just bin any and just fit new  they have a good long life but once they have been cooked pinked or over sooted  its bin time .  being shiny wont recover the lost insulation you can see.

a simple pressure tester with  air at 90psi will show the misfires  old plug testers had this feature  with a coil all built in  

lots garages and service bay used them ...pretty much all long gone .,,they just showed how bad a nice looking  plug could get ,

3 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

S Plugs . they are the life and sole of the engine , over the years i just bin any and just fit new  they have a good long life but once they have been cooked pinked or over sooted  its bin time .  being shiny wont recover the lost insulation you can see.

+1 although mine are the soul of the engine, any other spelling can become a bad halibut