Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

That's an excellent job - well done!

Those loose linkages won't have helped the gearshift so you'll find a massive improvement once the kit is fitted. Remember that the bolt points downwards with the nut on the bottom; I have in the past inadvertently fitted it back to front then had to dismantle again.

I'll follow this picture image.png.6e93972f9cce14721609807b8ae67861.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paula said:

Do you think 2 weeks is enough?

A lot of people say leave it longer Paula, but i am a bit impatient so did it after a couple of day's with no problem. I did use a da electric buffer on slow speed with very fine cutting paste.

Tony. 

24 minutes ago, poppyman said:

A lot of people say leave it longer Paula, but i am a bit impatient so did it after a couple of day's with no problem. I did use a da electric buffer on slow speed with very fine cutting paste.

Tony. 

I'll try and make it 2 weeks. I haven't a buffer 

the bushes are either a rubber or nylon material and are quite ok assembled dry  having said that a smear of grease to aid movement is what i would do

the worst effect grease has it will attract dirt and dust , makes it a bit grubby  as youres looks  Ha 

i would also lubricate the ball and cup washers ,   its a place that takes a good bit of wear and tear , once youve done one 

pencil it in as a in need of a look see more frequently than triumph expected  the kts dont last like they used too  

Pete

In the kit you'll find two black washers and a narrow metal bush; these go on the bottom of the gearstick. For this joint you'll have two (usually white) half-bushes and a thicker metal tube for the bolt. It'll all be a snug fit and impossible to get the wrong way round, unlike that one in your photo - which looks like the gearlever one in the wrong place.

6 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

In the kit you'll find two black washers and a narrow metal bush; these go on the bottom of the gearstick. For this joint you'll have two (usually white) half-bushes and a thicker metal tube for the bolt. It'll all be a snug fit and impossible to get the wrong way round, unlike that one in your photo - which looks like the gearlever one in the wrong place.

Excellent.

That's what i was hoping for. Hopefully the kit will be here very soon. 

Thanks!

you will also find a firm rubber bush that can fit in the middle joint , as i said theres a number of small changes improvements over the evolution of this linkage 

if you take a snap of the bushes in the kit  placed in a row we can try to guide you 

fitting what where is easier than trying to write it down 

Pete

Just now, Pete Lewis said:

you will also find a firm rubber bush that can fit in the middle joint , as i said theres a number of small changes improvements over the evolution of this linkage 

if you take a snap of the bushes in the kit  placed in a row we can try to guide you 

fitting what where is easier than trying to write it down 

Pete

Ok stand by for the arrival of the UPS van!

if you use the rubber bush the red washers go each side inside the fork not outside

the o ring is not needed unless you want sleepless nights , while its all off check the square headed dowel bolt is tight , they are notoriously  blasted tight

but you only ever take that out to fit a 0 ring in the case and on refit chop it to bits   leave alone !!!

pete

6 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

if you use the rubber bush the red washers go each side inside the fork not outside

the o ring is not needed unless you want sleepless nights , while its all off check the square headed dowel bolt is tight , they are notoriously  blasted tight

but you only ever take that out to fit a 0 ring in the case and on refit chop it to bits   leave alone !!!

pete

I undid that square headed bolt already! So i could twist the shaft to get the bolt out.

It was bloody tight!

Oh dear

bit late now but you could wire the dowel bolt to lock it 

they are tight  ive seen a few where the bolt is ruddy solid but the selector frets on the shaft as if there is clearance in the threads but the sod is tight beyond sensible 

great youve made a good job of it , one more for the scrap book of achievements 

Pete

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

bit late now but you could wire the dowel bolt to lock it 

they are tight  ive seen a few where the bolt is ruddy solid but the selector frets on the shaft as if there is clearance in the threads but the sod is tight beyond sensible 

great youve made a good job of it , one more for the scrap book of achievements 

Pete

I used some threadlock on it too. 

Hopefully that'll help.

Cheers!