new to Heralds 1970 13/60

goodwoodweirdo

Ah I was only basing it on the information that the 13/60 is a 1300 with engine number starting gk being “late” 

please bare in mind that I know nothing and am just basing my information on the op engine number being a gk- so ties in with the car. 

As said photos are king 

but we didnt get the engine prefix till later on   GK is spot on for a late 13/60,    who knows where the solex came from

presumably fitted by a misguided stromberg alien. as some sort of fix/downgrade/problem solving  gesture 

if its jetted for the 1200 it wont run at its best , a well sorted 60  on a strom.  is quite nippy.

Pete

My 1968 13/60 has its original GE engine, it has been rebuilt in the recent past, and with the standard carb is nippy enough.

It's a convertible and used for enjoyment not performance but easily keeps pace with local traffic & even surprises some drivers when I overtake them.

It's happy cruising speed is between 90 & 100 - Kph that is. :o

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

but we didnt get the engine prefix till later on   GK is spot on for a late 13/60,    who knows where the solex came from

presumably fitted by a misguided stromberg alien. as some sort of fix/downgrade/problem solving  gesture 

if its jetted for the 1200 it wont run at its best , a well sorted 60  on a strom.  is quite nippy.

Pete

The original poster never gave the engine number, only the chassis number (hence the CV suffix). The GE prefix was used for both the chassis and engine, if his car was built in 1970 it should have a GK as the changeover point was in 1969.

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

but we didnt get the engine prefix till later on  

... and as JumpingFrog alluded, that was not from the relevant person but from PeteH in response to your mention of the engine prefix we hadn't been given... err... ?

1 hour ago, NonMember said:

... and as JumpingFrog alluded, that was not from the relevant person but from PeteH in response to your mention of the engine prefix we hadn't been given... err... ?

That will "learn" me from not reading the posted username as well ?