Clear fuel tubing

Paul H

Just planning replacing the duff R9 fuel lines . In the past had too many issues with slithers of rubber blocking the needle valves - The slithers could only have come from the section of tubing from the metal fuel pipe at the the front of the cylinder head to the carbs as the petrol pump is protected by a fuel filter - For this section I would like to use clear tubing as there would be no slithers and a visual inspection to check if fuel is coming through. Is this ok plus any specs / suppliers to advise 

Paul 

If using copper or cunifer pipe, using a small pipe-cutter gives a nice radiused end to the pipe, so no slivers.

What brand/source was your iffy R9 hose? AFS or ebay?? If you use from a reliable source it should last well. Been on my car 4 years with no issues,though the stuff I got was a california spec Gates Barricade Greenshield hose (imported for the states)

Both my pump and carb pipes have smooth bevelled edges with 3 feet of R9 between them, I have no slivers. I assume sharp edges of pipe flex and scrape the inside of the pipe and that's how they're born. Or is there a darker reason? John should do his next thesis on it. 

Doug