Brake fluid moisture content tester

Pete Lewis

28 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

who would have thought buying a tester to give  an indication to the disbelievers or misguided non serviced cars would end up with 4 pages of brilliant opinions without thread drift into 

human organs or   insulting BANTER  about the state of my slippers 

Perhaps we're finally getting the hang of it.  :P

db

18 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

No, you're right,  it's not. :lol:  Dot5 is silicone, silicon is something else, that aside what is this additive called?  We do like some science on here along with opinions.

Doug

I think it's some sort of anti-mould additive, or it was on the silicone I bought. How many tubes do I need for a standard GT6 system?

Silicone.jpg.4251de4699118dc40ab22cfb347a2593.jpg

Hi Folks,

as I mentioned the other day I am new here and I am greatly pleased that I find that you are equally serious and as daft as a brush. Keep it going.

I have a TR4A and am happy to do my mod's & bodges.  But as a retired aerospace engineer my bodges are technically brilliant (almost, maybe).

Roger

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I think it's some sort of anti-mould additive, or it was on the silicone I bought. How many tubes do I need for a standard GT6 system?

Colin,

I think one should do it. They don't mix so just pour it in and bleed the brakes till nothing more comes out.  😈

Doug

2 hours ago, dave.vitesse said:

Colin, I should be careful with that stuff as it hasn't any DOT number. Besides doesn't it stop silicon escaping from somewhere as it's a sealant? 

Dave 

No more fluid leaks onto the paintwork, so it does what everyone says it should.

It's also unaffected by alcohol so if driving home from the pub, you'll still be able to stop safely.

• Haha 1