Cheapest (£100) and roughest Iv'e seen ,Vit conv for sale on Ebay

daverclasper

Is this a serious ad? The text says open to offers and "Do not go by the asking price as it would not let me continue the advert without putting a number in". Wasn't there a dodgy advert for a spitfire a few weeks ago? The number plate is worth a couple of grand on its own.

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

Perhaps the club should buy up this sort of thing to sell on to members or repair as a project at hq. Possibly even strip for spares through the shop. As well as 'twiddle day' we could do 'stripper days'. Just a crazy idea!!

You would have to make sure people knew exactly what a "stripper" day was? Or you might get a lot more people than you thought Badwolf :) 

Tony.

You should start a second-hand parts business, mail order of course. Quality second-hand parts (except for those you need for your cars) off the shelf to order. Think of the fun you could have getting your own back on all those delivery companies that have ripped you off for excess carriage to NI over the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, poppyman said:

It would be easy for you to strip it Colin........ Put it on your ramp, send it up and just pick up the bits as they drop off :) 

Tony.

I think it would be more of a case of: put it on a transporter, drive home via the ferry, and see what remains by the time you reach home...

And re Badwolf: every time I sell a part, I need the self-same part within weeks, so I have a garage full of odd bits that I never need, as I never sell the spare one.... 

I'm the sort of person (if they have rhem), who pick ups washers, bolts, cable ties etc off the street + hoarding other things I come across (kettles, toasters etc), therefore never have buy much except for food, booze (even then I brew beer and a bit of wine).

Whenever I have been nagged to put stuff out and de-clutter (have a front wall system here and everything gets taken, eventually), I swear I find I need it within a few months, it's weird.   

Edited by daverclasper

17 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

I'm the sort of person (if they have), who pick ups washers, bolts, cable ties etc off the street

I thought that was only me? The centre console of my car is full of odd washers and bolts that I pick up when outdoors.

Some of my best tools are things I've found in the middle of the road when driving, and I remember reversing about 200 yards to pick up a good pair of pliers from the road centre one day...

2 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

And re Badwolf: every time I sell a part, I need the self-same part within weeks, so I have a garage full of odd bits that I never need, as I never sell the spare one.... 

That happens to me as well, if i sell a part or throw one out mine will break :(  So glad it's not just me.

Tony.

2 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Did the same with a Stanley spirit level, stopped on a busy one way and dodged cars to get it. It was still straight and the bubbles accurate.

I can sell you some new bubbles Dave :) I dont mind selling them as i have a few spare.

Tony

About 25 years ago, as I was driving home from work, I spotted a rear light lens sitting on the crown of a busy A road. I only had a brief glimpse of it as I sped past but I was pretty sure that it was for a round-tail Spitfire and I thought 'I'll have that'. I pulled off the road and ran back and waited for a gap in the traffic with my heart in my mouth unless it got run over before I could scoop it up.  I did manage to get it and I was thinking how lucky I was to find such a useful part as I walked back to my Spitfire; it was at that point that I noticed that my car was missing a rear light lens. I must have fallen off as I drove to work 10 hours earlier. I never did find the screw though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Diving across the road reminds me of taking a fried toma london hospital her mum in the back of my then renault 11 txe and towards end of the M1 theres a clunk and wind noise , i  think silly old mum had opened a window swing roind the roundabout at Staples corner

And the door flies open, out goes  all  sorts of stuff you take for a stay , round we go and I manage to pull over and then dice with death 

Trying to retrieve her worldly goods scattered in the road.  I gave up , a hopeless risk you cant look at fast traffic grap bag of underwear and handbag and leg it , 

Adrian   I know the feeling 

How lucky were you it had survived all day

Pete