Where are the For Sale adverts?

Mike

Back after a year away, I cannot navigate this website to find adverts for cars and parts etc for sale. Where is it and how do I view. I generally live on PistonHeads which gets a slating for not working but this is truly awfully non intuitive. Any step by step help would be great. Thanks

Doug - I had the same problems as Mike after the upgrade. I posted some scathing comments about it them. Once my cache was cleared everythings was ok. My big problem, as I have also commented, is that some Area Organisers are not keeping their pages up to date. Lancashire (as an example) has details of meetings only up to 2015, the email address for one of he AOs is different within a couple of lines and the meeting place is wrong. Sorry Lancashire. In many areas the AOs have notcompleted their details. Is not the fault of the club, but it makes the site look a bit sloppy when so much time and effort has been put into the upgrade.

BW, 

Yes I remember it at the time and the solution. I have also complained about the area information not being what it should be. From the beginning when Pete and I were on zero posts there were defunct areas and incorrect information and as you say Lancashire and others are still not right.   But it can only be done by the AOs and a lot of them are simply not up to it. Micky from Thames has asked me to sort his area out "Because you know about this stuff" But until he gives me his password I can't do it. Does he know his password? :lol:

The forum is here to help but when you get comments like "this is truly awfully non intuitive"  it doesn't win friends and I feel disinclined to help.

Doug

• Like 1

I just find it a poor state of affairs when the venue for the area meeting or contact details are wrong. If any potential new members simply turn up for a meeting and the date/venue has changed it gives a very bad impression. Yes, I know that it might be on farcebook or titter, but the basic 'master' web site should be the definitive, up to date source of info. If we are going to use technology then we should do it right, or we might as well just 'keep banging the rocks together fellas'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Badwolf said:

I just find it a poor state of affairs when the venue for the area meeting or contact details are wrong. If any potential new members simply turn up for a meeting and the date/venue has changed it gives a very bad impression. Yes, I know that it might be on farcebook or titter, but the basic 'master' web site should be the definitive, up to date source of info. If we are going to use technology then we should do it right, or we might as well just 'keep banging the rocks together fellas'.

This is a very good point... I intended to go to TSSC local meetings, so I emailed the contact listed on this website and never got a response. I'm pretty glad I didn't turn up to a meeting just to sit there like billy-no-mates on my own wondering where everyone was!

when i was involved with the lost website i ran all areas through the AO and post coded the data . cant do that now its in the hands of the AO

some are on the ball some dont have one to play with , im sure dave V  had some post code problems with updating the details ,, no idea if thats fixed 

AO's are registered and have special administrator access to add area details event details and some news about their area they have to log on to access the easy up datable data.

I just feel that, apart from the incorrect/out of date stuff, it looks really bad when some AOs can't be bothered to fill in details which are on the front page of their area entry. I am not picking on particular areas. I noticed it when I did a look around the Wales, Yorkshire and North West areas to see what was going on. A bit disappointing really.

BW,

As I said, some of them don't know how to do it, some of them have never been on the forum. What we need is a young enthusiastic IT savvy guy to make them the offer "I can do that for you!" You've got time on your hands, haven't you BW? :)

Doug

6 hours ago, yorkshire_spam said:

This is a very good point... I intended to go to TSSC local meetings, so I emailed the contact listed on this website and never got a response. I'm pretty glad I didn't turn up to a meeting just to sit there like billy-no-mates on my own wondering where everyone was!

Me too. Twice.

14 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

BW,

As I said, some of them don't know how to do it, some of them have never been on the forum. What we need is a young enthusiastic IT savvy guy to make them the offer "I can do that for you!" You've got time on your hands, haven't you BW? :)

Doug

I am neither young, enthusiastic or have time on my hands these days. As for I.T. savvy, maybe 20 years ago but not now, but I will take the post as a compliment that I could have done it, years ago.

32 minutes ago, clive said:

If you are a club member (and signed in)you get the contact details. Perk of membership.....

I am a club member and signed in but all I get presented with is a form to submit a message but no contact details - all very cumbersome and long-winded imho.

My brother bought his Spitfire via a club ad. He saw the classified at the weekend so no one at HQ. However the classifieds all seem to give a name and general location. He looked up the name in the telephone directory and there was only one in the area, phoned him up and the deal was done. OK as long as the seller's not John Smith I guess, but worth a shot.

Doug

11 minutes ago, clive said:

Are you logged in on the website homepage? I get the contact details come up. 

Try clearing cookies or whatever it is. I gather that can be an issue?

I know the website can be "sensitive", but are you certain you are logged in?

Thought I had logged in but not sure now.  Checked again and contact telephone numbers have now appeared.

you can use the same but as the website and forum are not directly connected systems you need to log on to both to get the benefits of membership

so its up to you if you use the same or different, most are different as you cant remember the first one at the time of registering 

thank heavens for password manager or the little black book