2ltr Vitesse clutch

Gadgetman

I’m converting a 1600 clutch to the later 2lit re style, the flywheel is all done and I’m putting it back together but I’ve got 3 different throw out / release bearing carriers and I only know that the one on the left is from a 1600, can any one shed any light on which one is for a 2ltr Vitesse????

8A6DDFCE-7B83-4D23-A781-D35E15A7A700.jpeg

21 hours ago, dave.vitesse said:

Picture - Taken out of a GT6 Mk3. - Right hand is the 2 Litre. Complete with anti-spin dent.

Dave

Same as mine right down to the dent. (which is meant to be there!) I was looking for something totally different this morning, and of course found this.

clutchbearing.JPG.824c2b316826dfe98bb84fe307a04fed.JPG

It’s a HB gearbox so an early square flange one

Yup Pete copper washer & thread sealant  fitted on the bottom bolt unlike the previous person who put it together... it was on the top left bolt!!! I wondered why it dripped oil  new oil seal also fitted just Incase!

luckily I got an original Borg & Beck clutch kit from Beaulieu Autojumble a few years back and the release bearing is 19mm.

i also converted from the crank scroll seal to lip seal and fitted a SKF speedy sleeve over the old scroll grooves to give a good surface for the seal to run on. 

815AC9F5-ACF3-4B73-9407-31CDCA7313B3.jpeg