Potentially?, good Mk1 saloon for sale

daverclasper

Hi. Like the look of this one myself, manual OD as well.

It's on Ebay (dark green) (sorry, don't know how to do the link things). I've no connection to the seller.

A good clean and polish and rust proofing (and no doubt some other jobs) and maybe nice to use as is, with it's character intact.

Dave

Edited by daverclasper

Hi

Looks relatively "un molested", driver door bottom gap?. I`d want it up on a ramp though for a good poke at the weak points. And then HAGGLE!!. (Edit:- it`s a bidding war!!).

P-C ran a "Buyers Guide" back around 2001/2, if anyone has the back issue?.

Pete

I don't mind the interior generally (though no idea how correct it is), and like the cracks in the leather, as long as it's not on the way out?.  Ltd knowledge of saloons myself.  I like the fact the dynamo may have never been converted?.  I always have more trust in cars that haven't been messed with, though in it's self, nothing against alternators or other mods.

I just like the look of the car as it is.

I watched the first (repeat) episode of Bangers and Cash last night.  There was a Mini Cooper S that had been left in a bad garage for years. Was prob complete and original, though completely, completely, rotten (a new shell needed, aside from anything else). Went for 18k, as the Mini commentators reckoned with a top resto, it could be worth 60k.

(made the Triumph look immaculate) 😊

Edited by daverclasper

I sometimes think, bidding, its a bit like gambling, how many get carried away with the "i`ll just bet another 10p". and before they know it they are OTT. I know when I got the 13/60, I put a bid, max`d at 1/2 what I expected it make. Went to the Pub for lunch and came back a "winner" at below my maximum. Recent sold a piece of diagnostic gear, expected about 30-50 quid tops. I was amazed when it sold for £72, only 15 quid less than I had paid for it!!.

A not so recent sale of a Guitar, belonging to George Harrison stalled at around the 25K mark. the Auctioneer went to the gavel and a second before it came down another bid was made, It then went mad, and made over 90K in the end.

Pete.

These days I'm much more sober... or is it boring? If it's something I would like, but don't really need, I put a bid on, if I win I win, if not well it went over my price. Of course at present I'm watching some recording equipment, and haven't yet bid... so I suppose I should be honest and say: there are somethings I want more than I need, so am prepared to gamble just a little bit. First thing I do is check the new price, which lets me know how mad other bidders are becoming, and tells me when the item is no longer a bargain.

This is why I use Snipe (search for previous discussions on an old thread). I pre-bid what it is worth to me and leave it there. I either get a message saying you won, pay up... or nothing, and I loose. Got caught up in the 'just 10p more' situation years ago and have learned my lesson. No bidding war, no, just a bit more. My bid goes in 8 secs (free version) before ending and if anyone is quick enough, or has a paid  for version of Snipe which puts your bid in 2 secs before the end, that is up to them. I bid what it is worth to me, no panic, no emotion... Works for me very well.

20 hours ago, PeteH said:

I sometimes think, bidding, its a bit like gambling, how many get carried away with the "i`ll just bet another 10p". and before they know it they are OTT. I know when I got the 13/60, I put a bid, max`d at 1/2 what I expected it make. Went to the Pub for lunch and came back a "winner" at below my maximum. Recent sold a piece of diagnostic gear, expected about 30-50 quid tops. I was amazed when it sold for £72, only 15 quid less than I had paid for it!!.

A not so recent sale of a Guitar, belonging to George Harrison stalled at around the 25K mark. the Auctioneer went to the gavel and a second before it came down another bid was made, It then went mad, and made over 90K in the end.

Pete.

23 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

eBay is a world unlike any other, and common sense does not apply.

I regularly see used items sell for more than the brand new price - do bidders get carried away or do they just not check first?

From bitter experience; not all winning bidders buying cars on ebay actually pay up and collect ! 

3 hours ago, Qu1ckn1ck said:

From bitter experience; not all winning bidders buying cars on ebay actually pay up and collect ! 

The 13/60 is the only car I have ever bid on. Bought a few by turning up and Haggling Though.!

The Price of this, has stalled at 4.6K. Which is above condition-1 in the latest rating by P-C mag;

Pete