Truimph 2000 choke cable replacement

Woody2000

46 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Any pointers as to what it looks like or why it's individual to the 2000? I can help search but need to know what to look for.

Any idea of part number?

They have a pull knob that matches the other switches Colin.

Tony.

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Okay... at least meet me halfway. Photograph? I've found half a dozen different varieties this morning but have nothing to match them to.

Same knob as the Stag Colin, the aftermarket ones just don't look right. It's too cold to go out and photo of my knob.

Tony. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

20 minutes ago, poppyman said:

It's too cold to go out and photo of my knob.

Tony. 

I'll just look at the Stag ones, then.

You can buy those new, if this is the correct pattern - can't even see one in that photo! I'll assume it's the one to bottom left. Can they be easily fitted to a replacement cable?

718765orig.jpg.ebfe532794189ad15be82034d5d14d0b.jpg

49 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I'll just look at the Stag ones, then.

You can buy those new, if this is the correct pattern - can't even see one in that photo! I'll assume it's the one to bottom left. Can they be easily fitted to a replacement cable?

718765orig.jpg.ebfe532794189ad15be82034d5d14d0b.jpg

That one looks a lot better Colin. I can't find a descent pic of one. The Stag one is mega bucks as it's a double :( 

Tony.

Have you tried pulling the inner out straightening, then lubricating and re installing.

When I was young I had a Vespa scooter and I brought a cable lubricator (brought with present from grandma) fitted over the non knob end and pumped oil thro the cable always got good results still have the lubricator used it on the Vitesse and Spit in the last 5 years and all cables still work well.

I'd say taking it out is just as easy.

1. Disconnect from 1 carb/2 throttle bodies on a PI.
  2. Twist knob and pull.
  3. Keep pulling.
  4. Re-insert by pushing, running the inner cable(s) through a blob of grease on a rag.

From memory it can take a bit of wiggling/end tidying-up to get them to start going back in but easy once they have started.  Biggest thing to watch is if it's a PI you have 2 cables off the one switch and they are different lengths, so you need to get the correct cable back into the correct outer.