Chassis weight 13/60

31 minutes ago, Dave pb said:

That's great thank you, certainly gives me the roof bar option.

Dave

----

Had one off the ratchet straps around the chassis and through the rear windows so only way it was falling off was to take the roof with it.

An interesting drive.

Regards

Paul.

For future reference,    the best info I could get was that a bare spitfire chassis was 47Kg.  Not sure if this was with or without turrets.  My best estimate of a bare herald chassis is thus about 60kg.      Turns out that the shipping issue is not the weight but the length of it.   

Thanks for all your help.

Dave

Dont know if it is of any Help. But we used to carry a Mirror Dinghy on roof racks, Using first a Ford Escourt Estate and later A Chrysler 2L, and a Ford Cortina Estate, All up a Mirror weighs in at around 100Kg?. If I remember correctly. I know it needed 2 to put on the racks but that had more to do with size than weight.

Pete

Chrylser 2ltr  ...i nearly had one but the rocker /cam problem was only just resolved  ( very cheap as ex management cars )

and if you see the Hasting advert there is a Chrysler 2ltr in the background    where id that come from cant be many on the road 

but a lovley car 

Pete