Sloppy gear lever…Spitfire 1500 single rail

Yoo hoo all,

I can’t seem to find any replacement bits to sort the sloppy gear lever on the Spit.

Single rail.

Any ideas? It’s like stirring a bowl of porridge. I’ve taken the transmission tunnel out anyway to replace clutch slave so full access to it all.

I had a look at Rimmers site but can’t find anything. 
thanks

Pete

There's supposed to be a nylon bush ' yoke seat' at the bottom of the lever... Rimmers have the complete kit of RB7074 shown on their website but when you search for it, nothing comes up. Not sure how this links in with the gearlever seat DAM 3045 that they show on the same page tho, but I think that's the bit you'll need and it's currently available.

4 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

There's supposed to be a nylon bush ' yoke seat' at the bottom of the lever... Rimmers have the complete kit of RB7074 shown on their website but when you search for it, nothing comes up. Not sure how this links in with the gearlever seat DAM 3045 that they show on the same page tho, but I think that's the bit you'll need and it's currently available.

I have a kit siting on my "things that REALLY need doing shelf" The kit is universal and not all the bits are required, so important to remember how the old one comes apart! James Paddock has the individual bits sold separately, cheaper, but you have to take the old one apart to see what you need..

Doug

Do you have the 'sprung button' on your car?  Parts 106388 and 22G2286.

It only seems to be listed for the non-o/d gearbox but have a feeling it's on the o/d version too - certainly replacing the equivalent part on my big saloon made a huge difference to the gearstick feel.

It's OK saying only use the bits from the kit that you need, but if the nylonnbushes are mangled beyond recognition or have dropped out never to be seen again, it doesn't really work. Remember me asking about the bits that I needed for my three rail, a few weeks ago? That was because the kit that I fitted two years (ish) ago was already mangled and the yootoob vid didn't match with my reality, but then few things do!