MK IV battery

038 or 015 are original

many, including me, have used 063 or 075 as a very common size. The terminal posts then sit at the rear of the battery tray, nicely away from the clamp. 

The 075 is a nice snug fit, 063 is not quite as wide (side to side) but again, pretty snug.

I have had to find longer J bolts on one car for the clamp, but not always. (You can use 6mm studding, and put a bend in that at one end, it is what I had to do)

23 minutes ago, clive said:

I have had to find longer J bolts on one car for the clamp, but not always. (You can use 6mm studding, and put a bend in that at one end, it is what I had to do)

I found a simpler solution for them on my 13/60 when I fitted a bigger battery. I just used an 'S' hook on the end of the bar and through the mounting hole.

• 3 weeks later...
063 210L x 175W x 175H
075 242L x 175W x 175H

027 242L x 175W x 190H

Hi,

All the above fit a 1500.

063 is a bit skinny and generally lower CCA & Ah.
075 fits good and normally Higher CCA & Ah than a 063.
027 fits good, 15mm taller and potentially Higher CCA & Ah than the rest. (Sometimes 075 internals are fitted in 027 cases Battery weight will confirm this)

I have a 027. 60Ah & 680 CCA. AGM Stop Start type: Best & lowest internal resistance available. (0.0048 Ohm internal resistance) for £80. Added bonus is voltage slightly higher than conventional.

Cheers,

Iain.