2000/2500 Body Shell

Stratton Jimmer

I have been doing a few days casual work and was with Richard Symonds yesterday when he said "Would you like to see the body shell"? Turned out to be a complete NOS body shell for a large saloon. Never been used, waxoyl treated when placed in dry storage but now showing signs of surface rust. I was shocked to find out that such things still exist!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stratton Jimmer said:

I was shocked to find out that such things still exist!

Nice to see they still do! I have nothing comparable since Fuzz Townsend used the last NOS Herald bulkhead on one of his Car SOS Restorations... unless someone out there knows different!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Nice to see they still do! I have nothing comparable since Fuzz Townsend used the last NOS Herald bulkhead on one of his Car SOS Restorations... unless someone out there knows different!

There used to be a N.O.S. Herald/Vitesse Convertible front bulkhead stashed not a million miles away from me, I've not seen the guy who owned it for several years though, so it may well have been snaffled up!

Gary 

On 31/05/2022 at 12:17, KevinR said:

There are NOS bodyshells for other Triumphs out there, you just need to know where to look ;)

I am sure I saw NOS Mk3 GT6 shell a few years ago.

Fitchetts used to have a few TR7 shells, they must have all gone by now I would have thought

we used to Ecoat and seal /primer  heritage body shells through the truck E coat paint shop 

had i known a interest in classics was looming i could have picked one for audit and made it disappear 

MG TR and others all came through the dunstable truck  plant now closed since 1993

Pete

On 04/06/2022 at 11:33, Pete Lewis said:

we used to Ecoat and seal /primer  heritage body shells through the truck E coat paint shop 

had i known a interest in classics was looming i could have picked one for audit and made it disappear 

MG TR and others all came through the dunstable truck  plant now closed since 1993

Pete

There were significant issues with those Heritage TR6 shells, one of the reasons they have never been produced again.