Underdash spaghetti!

Jeffds1360

48 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Apologies, I read this bit and thought I'd help. 

1706177875_Screenshot2022-07-25at13_25_24.png.c32165881e37f8db0398518c1f69702c.png

I know. If you really want to help you could pop round and rewire it for me. All the tea & coffee you can drink but I'm afraid the bacon isn't up to your usual standards. 😁

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:
2 hours ago, Chris A said:

I wonder how much a professional would charge to completely sort out and put back to stock the wiring behind the dash, including reconnecting wires as they should be?

Possibly as much as a new loom? It's not that hard to check a loom

Out of interest I've just looked up how much a new loom costs, 300€ ish. If my local man would do the under dash area for that I would pay that and give him some extra beer/wine tokens!

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

I know. If you really want to help you could pop round and rewire it for me. All the tea & coffee you can drink but I'm afraid the bacon isn't up to your usual standards. 😁

Would love to. I've no idea why working on other people's cars is always more appealing than working on mine... but never mind the bacon, choccy biscuits work just as well.

Mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. I have found these hook & loop cable ties very useful for tidying up. I found that if you zip clipped a bunch together, you then found some more and had to cut the clip and redo. With these, just unfasten add cables refasten. The black ones are harder to use under the dash as finding the end can be difficult. This is the type. If you search around there will probably be cheaper ones...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254834020717

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124942575600

• Like 2

Yes they're good, I first got them with a guitar pedal board, lots of interconnecting and power wires and frequent rearranging/changing pedals. Dilemma when I need one and have run out, take one off the car, or take one off the board?

Doug

On 25/07/2022 at 12:28, dougbgt6 said:

It comes from here

Wiring Schematics and Diagrams - Triumph Spitfire, GT6, Herald

Sadly the Herald link is broken. I printed some off and got daughter to laminate them. It's SO much easier in colour.

Now, if only the internet had an archive for broken links. Oh, wait a minute, IT DOES!

Wiring Diagrams: US-specification Triumph Herald and Sports 6

However, it turns out the diagrams are only black & white.

Cheers, Richard