HM Queen Elizabeth II 1926 - 2022

KevinR

33 minutes ago, Iain T said:

No, the rope might damage the paint! But if the entertainment director doesn't put something on for us to pay our respects the Brits will make him walk the plank! 

Iain 

The least they can do is put the local TV coverage on the cinema screen, there is a cinema I'm sure.

12 minutes ago, Chris A said:

The least they can do is put the local TV coverage on the cinema screen, there is a cinema I'm sure

Yes they do have a screen in the theatre. We can get bbc world, cnn, fox etc in our cabins but it would be nice to view as a group with the lights dimmed as I'm sure a few discreet tears will be shed. 

Just now, 68vitesse said:

Just been for my fourth Covid jab, half expected it to be cancelled, centre open all day with over seven hundred booked in.

Regards

Paul. 

Mine is booked for the 28th, with my Flu jab the following day, so two sore arms? to look forward to.☹️.

I would guess?. Having arranged the Vaccine, before HMQ passed, cancellation would have been a costly/wasteful thing?

Pete

what an amazing weekend of organised skills to make such an historic event something to be proud of being British 

the acuracy and timing all worked out semlessly ,not keen on the dull music or choirs but something with a bit of drive would be nice 

but yes   its all supposed to be sombre and respectful     brilliant stuff   frorm all involved in the planning 

a day to remember 

Pete

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

not keen on the dull music or choirs but something with a bit of drive would be nice 

Be careful, it was all the late queen's choice - she could still arrange for a corgi to bite you where it hurts!

Here the commentators were very impressed with the precision of the whole event. Of course my regional TV news had a special yesterday evening, there was a big screen set up in Bayeux plus a town hall, forget where, had something there.

The Duc de Normandie is dead, long live the Duc de Normandie.

• KevinR unpinned this topic