Hi from shropshire

Thanks for having me bought my first triumph a little herald project car that's been sat for over 30 years I'm sure I'll need abit of help along the way but it's not a bad starting point I think the biggest job for now it trying to sort out the logbook as the car is no longer on the dvla system

Thanks si

20220727_184427.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcomes it's a surprising solid little car but it has been inside for a long time the clocks say 46k which could be genuine with it been parked up for so long every rubber part on the car needs replacing which shouldn't take to long hopfully be a quick project unlike my jeep 

14 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Great car, a little bit of work needed but it'll get there. 

I only hope you can put up with us all...

Colin is right, it looks reasonable, what's the inside and motor like?

His second point will be MUCH more difficult😁. Welcome aboard and ask away any time for help or information.

The motor is currently not running it turns over but wont fire and the carb is leaking but I've not had a proper look at it yet as I need to get it back on the dvla system so I can get a logbook before I want to start chucking money at it, also need to look at the rear suspension as it has some stramge camber at the moment after changing all the rubber components and a few more pics

Screenshot_20221003-222655_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-222638_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-222605_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-222537_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221003-222556_Gallery.jpg

9 hours ago, Simon holland said:

need to look at the rear suspension as it has some stramge camber at the moment after changing all the rubber components

Strange in what way? If you're new to Heralds you may not be aware that they ALWAYS sit up on tippy toes at the rear when you've jacked them up and put them back down. You need to roll it at least 50 yards before it settles to the normal camber.

52 minutes ago, NonMember said:

Strange in what way? If you're new to Heralds you may not be aware that they ALWAYS sit up on tippy toes at the rear when you've jacked them up and put them back down. You need to roll it at least 50 yards before it settles to the normal camber.

Also best to do the final tightening of the bolts of any rubber suspension bushes once the cars back on the ground and wheels in normal position.  This ensures the bushes arent under tension all the time....